Sonar/Echosounder/Fish finder Project

Have an idea? Post it here! - Looking for developers? Ask here as well!
mattn

Sonar/Echosounder/Fish finder Project

Post by mattn » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi,

Has anyone taken the sonar projects underwater yet? The idea was hinted at the end of one article I read. I've experience operationally with echosounders, but would like to dig a little deeper than a GUI and have a go at programming one using the red pitaya as the transceiver (with suitable amplifier).

Anyone out there interested in sharing ideas?

Matt

jerzydziewierz

Re: Sonar/Echosounder/Fish finder Project

Post by jerzydziewierz » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:13 am

Hi,
echo sounder is a really simple thing, that is assuming that you have access to appropriate transducer,
you then simply pulse the transducer with nominal voltage and look at the scope for echoes.

if they come earlier than expected (from the sea bed), it means that there is something there! (e.g. fish or garbage)

the real question is, where to get a wideband transducer from. The high power Tonpiltz devices they sell on ebay are moderately suitable because they are narrowband (very long ring down time)

SashaSterling

Re: Sonar/Echosounder/Fish finder Project

Post by SashaSterling » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:05 pm

jerzydziewierz wrote:Hi,
echo sounder is a really simple thing, that is assuming that you have access to appropriate transducer,
you then simply pulse the transducer with nominal voltage and look at the scope for echoes.

if they come earlier than expected (from the sea bed), it means that there is something there! (e.g. fish or garbage)

the real question is, where to get a wideband transducer from. The high power Tonpiltz devices they sell on ebay are moderately suitable because they are narrowband (very long ring down time)
Am not sure where to get transducer as an actual part. It has to be expensive. I have talked with a professor about working with deeper smart sonar. But problem one is that its expensive for a student almost 200 bucks and then you get transducer only without display unit. The reason why i chose this because without display unit I can connect it with my smartphone and with little experience in android I can open it up and see how data is processed. So the display unit problems get out of the way with deeper you need to focus on transducer and how data is processed. I hope it helps and someone with similar situation can share more details.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie