Change Frequency/Phase on Fast ADC

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
tknopp

Change Frequency/Phase on Fast ADC

Post by tknopp » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to change the Amplitude/Phase of the waveform on the fast DAC while the output is on. I want to realize a control loop where the send signal has to be slightly adapted over time base on a reference channel that is captured using the fast ADC. I tried calling `rp_GenFreq` when the Output is already on but it seems that calling it does not change anything.

Thanks,

Tobias

tknopp

Re: Change Frequency/Phase on Fast ADC

Post by tknopp » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:17 pm

I meant rp_GenAmp of course

tknopp

Post by tknopp » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:16 pm

Ah sorry, I made a mistake, the Amplitude is changed by the command. So everything is fine.

tknopp

Post by tknopp » Mon May 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Ok changing the amplitude during a continuous acquisition seems to work pretty fine. The next thing I would like to do is to change the phase of the signal. However, if I call "rp_GenPhase" it seems that the phase is randomly shifted. It may be due to this "gen_synchronize" command in https://github.com/RedPitaya/RedPitaya/ ... ler.c#L159

What I want is that the send buffer is simple shifted/updated but that no time is spend for buffer updating. This is because I am acquiring data in parallel and want to use "rp_GenPhase" to control the phase of the output signal.

tknopp

Post by tknopp » Tue May 02, 2017 9:35 am

removing the "gen_synchronize" seems to do what I want.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie