Getting Error while running make command

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
viseng

Re: Getting Error while running make command

Post by viseng » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:11 pm

HI, Glad to say that some progress has been made in compiling on RP hardware using 0.96-84. Previously had no success so far attempting to cross-compile from a linux machine despite following all available tips and suggestions, I wish I could find a single source of step by step instructions which are proven to work with the current set of development tools and ecosystem. Anyway, have for the moment returned to the "simplest" possible approach.

I re-cloned the latest RedPitaya directory and made the api directory ok, and the Examples were also compiled OK. However, I am now working on compiling the WWW examples and have run into several problems when trying to compile the main.c from any example, including the 1.template folder. I am assuming here that i NEED to compile them, or perhaps they can only be compiled from the opt/redpitaya/www/apps/ directory. Sadly I can find no information in the new tutorials section which describes HOW to compile these apps.

The first is that when i run make -C src on the 1.template code under the RedPitaya directory structure it creates this command:
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ main.o -o ../controllerhf.so -shared -Wall -fPIC -Os -s -L/lib -L/rp_sdk -Wl,--whole-archive,--no-as-needed -lcryptopp -lrpapp -lrp -lrp_sdk -Wl,--no-whole-archive

and i get the error:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lrpapp
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lrp
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lrp_sdk

but when i try the 2.led compilation:
make[1]: Entering directory '/root/RedPitaya/Examples/web-tutorial/2.led/src'
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -Wall -fPIC -Os -s -std=c++11 -I/include -I/include/api2 -I/include/apiApp -I/rp_sdk main.cpp -o main.o
the makefile is clearly very different from the template makefile. Why should that be?

But I get the error:
main.h:4:25: fatal error: DataManager.h: No such file or directory
In fact this same error occurs for all www examples. This file lives in
RedPitaya/Bazaar/nginx/ngx_ext_modules/ws_server/rp_sdk/ but this is not included in the makefile.

So, I also tried compiling a MyFirstApp which was derived from 1.template structure by following the tutorial and placed in
/opt/redpitaya/www/apps/myFirstApp/src
using make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-li nux-gnueabihf- the makefile i get:

arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -Wall -fPIC -Os -s -std=c++11 -I/root/redpitaya-public/Bazaar/nginx/ngx_ext_modules/ws_server/rp_sdk -I/root/redpitaya-public/Applications/api/rpApplications/src -I/root/redpitaya-public/api/include -I/root/redpitaya-public/Bazaar/tools/libjson main.cpp -o main.o
errors (2 out of many):
main.cpp:14:1: error: ‘CBooleanParameter’ does not name a type
main.cpp:89:31: error: ‘RP_HIGH’ was not declared in this scope

As the tutorials do not describe how to actually compile these www applications, I have had to make assumptions which are clearly either completely wrong, or there is something wrong in the ecosystem which prevents the inclusion of all necessary header files.
Any help would be appreciated, as this is becoming embarrassing. I have never encountered so many issues with any previous embedded hardware development while still at the "hello world" embryonic state.

Rob

pavel

Re: Getting Error while running make command

Post by pavel » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi Rob,

I agree that the SD card images currently available from http://redpitaya.com/quick-start have quite some problems. Hopefully, they'll be soon fixed by the Red Pitaya developers.

If I'm not mistaken, the previous generation (0.95 series) of the Red Pitaya ecosystem was more usable. One of the 0.95 SD card images is still available from the following link:

http://downloads.redpitaya.com/downloads/0.95

And here is a link to a script that I used to build a part of the 0.95 ecosystem:

https://github.com/pavel-demin/red-pita ... d-nginx.sh

Best regards,

Pavel

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie