Python: fast data acquisition

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
aschuetz

Re: Python: fast data acquisition

Post by aschuetz » Wed May 04, 2016 2:23 pm

I used the ecosystem with your adoptions. I can now acquire data. I used

Code: Select all

rp_remote_acquire -m file -c 1 -k 4096 -d 1 -f output.txt
and expected ASCII output in a text file. What kind of type has the output?

Code: Select all

�8�����x�X�P�@�8�8�0�8�<�4�D�P�@�4�4�L�4�@�H�P�@�0�L�h�4�<�,�4�<�L�(�@�L�@�X�D�4�@�8�4�8�8�4�L�<�\�h�^\�(�T�@�8�D�(�4�H�@�@�@�H�X�H�H�<�<�@�4�8�<�@�,�@�<$
�^W^�^YT^Zt^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Yl^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�$
^D^X^�^YL^Z^�^Yp^Yt^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�$
�^W^�^YL^Z^�^Yd^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y$
^P^X^�^YH^Z^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y$
^������@�����|�x�\�<�(�@�4�<�<�<�@� �D�H�L�8�(�H�P�d�P� �H�t�^H�P�H�8�0�T�@�T�4�T�<�@�@�0�<�,�0�0�0�`�L�`�X�@�<�H�,�P�<�8�@�H�@�D�P�8�0�@�X�L�4�4�@�(�(�4�4�P�@�L$
^D^X�^YL^Zp^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y|^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y$
^����^��P���^��l�`�T�@�<�T�X�H�8�L�@�T�H�4�h�`�<�X�h�8�D�D�P�^��(�8�P�L�<�`�X�D�8�8�@� �<�@� �@�T�H�<�(�D�8�@�0�<�0�<�P�4�8�X�,�@�4�@�@�@�4�@�D�$�D�@�H�H�(�H�@�$$
^T^X^�^YT^Zp^Yt^Yl^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�$
^T^X^�^Y<^Z^�^Yt^Y^�^Y|^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^$
p�����H���^��|�t�`�H�(�L�l�P�H�@�$�@�@�@�\�L�P�d�P�P�D� �(�T�^T�T�t�P�@�,�@�(�T�4�(�(�(�$�8�$�,�(�,�<�D�@�H�0�<�P�T�T�D�<�@�T�@�@�T�H�H�H�@�@�T�@�8�L�L�P�@�L�P�<$
^H^X�^YP^Z|^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y|^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y�^Y^�^Y�^Y�^Y|^Y^�^Y^�^Y^�^Y�^Y$
��^��|�D���^��x�\�@�,�,�0�8�@� �4�@�@�8�@�<�<�8�@�D�H�8���^X�`�^P�,�0�<�(�D�
Another point is that I felt very comfortable with the current ecosystem which was like a full-grown Debian ;) Will there be a version available with a working rp_remove_acquire and full functionality?

Thanks,
Alex

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Fri May 06, 2016 11:13 pm

The output consists of binary 16bit sample values. Converting to ASCII takes a lot of time and drastically increases the volume of data. Since the point of the whole project is high performance, the leanest possible output format was chosen, both in terms of volume and processing speed: raw binary samples.
If you need ASCII conversion, you should do it in post processing, not during the recording.

I don't plan to migrate the program in its current form to 0.94 or later. The AXI ADC logic is a good replacement, and it shouldn't be too difficult to embed the example code into rp_remote_acquire. I may do that at some point, but it will take a while until I get to that.

Amraam

Post by Amraam » Sat May 21, 2016 8:33 am

Nils Roos wrote: I don't plan to migrate the program in its current form to 0.94 or later. The AXI ADC logic is a good replacement, and it shouldn't be too difficult to embed the example code into rp_remote_acquire. I may do that at some point, but it will take a while until I get to that.
Hi Nils,

I'm a newbie with RP, do you recommend to use rp_remote_acquire or pass directly to AXI ADC, also considering future improvements?
My goal is to acquire 120KSPS and also control the Digital and Analog I/O but using Matlab.
I prefer to not compile source code in this initial approach with RP, is it possible? (Now I'm able to command RP using SCPI as stated in redpitaya.com/examples-new)

Thank you for your work,
Best Regards,
Amraam

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Sun May 22, 2016 2:04 pm

It came to light recently that the AXI acquisition logic on which the axi_adc example code is based will not be supported in future releases. My guess is that it will be replaced by something that is better integrated with the other functions. There was no timeframe attached to that statement, though.

If the rp_remote_acquire ecosystem works for you, it's probably best you stick with it for the time being.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie