fragmented ADC data

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
ST

fragmented ADC data

Post by ST » Thu May 19, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi RP Team,

while working with my RedPitaya I have found some strange behaviour at special configurations.
I generate two identical sine functions on channel A and B. Channel A is pluged to an external oscilloscope device and channel B is looped back to RPs In2 channel.
I sample the looped back signal (on In2) with different decimation factors on different trigger signals.
When I trigger the acquisition on ChB (rising or falling edge) at different decimation factors (1x, 8x, 64x, 1024x), the measured data is correct, as well as checked on external oscilloscope from chA.
When I trigger the acquisition on AWG (PE or NE) at serveral decimation factors (1x, 8x, 64x, 1024x), the measured data is fragmented, but on external oscilloscope from chA it is correct. So I think, the generated and sampled signals are ok.

May be the read out function does not come along with some decimation factors? Is there a known solution for that problem?

In my application I want to use the AWG trigger source for the acquisition!

The picture below may illustrate the fragmentation more understandable (only red line stands for ADC data).
1.) shows the measurement of a 15kHz sine with a decimation factor of 1x.
2.) shows the measurement of a 15kHz sine with a decimation factor of 8x.
3.) ... 64x
4.) ... 1024x

At decimation factor of 64x and 1024x it seems to work well.

My system configuration:
HW Version V1.1
Build: 558

Best regards
ST
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nils Roos

Re: fragmented ADC data

Post by Nils Roos » Fri May 20, 2016 3:11 pm

Did you know that the trigger mode AWG does not trigger on the AWG waveform, but on the action of enabling the AWG ?

There is currently no way to internally trigger on the AWG waveform.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie