RedPitaya - UART

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
PauUri

RedPitaya - UART

Post by PauUri » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:20 pm

Hello guys,

I need to be able to see and change the frequency in a TX - RX transmission in a UART using my REDPITAYA. Any idea how can I do so?

I know REDPITAYA has an integrated UART somewhere, the AXI UART 16550 but I am not sure how can I make that work, anothe roption is to find a verilog code of a TX-RX UART transmission and make a synthesis and compilte it and be able to show it on screen or with one of the apliccations from Xilinx.

Thank you very much, any tip or help will be aprecciated.

Nils Roos

Re: RedPitaya - UART

Post by Nils Roos » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:34 pm

Hi,
the Red Pitaya has two onboard UARTs, one is connected to the CON usb console connection, the other is available for your use. In linux it is the /dev/ttyPS1 device and its rx and tx signals can be found on extension connector E2 (UART_TX, UART_RX). There is also example code how to use it.

PauUri

Re: RedPitaya - UART

Post by PauUri » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:55 pm

Thank you Nils Roos for your reply.

I have just been demanded to use a verilog UART code (hdl) which I think needs to be implemented in Vivado, once the code is working I should be bale to modify de frequency of the transmission (TX-RX) and watch it on screen, which I don't know how to do it yet.

So now I need a compiled and tested verilog code on Vivado for a UART and be bale to watch its frequency somewhere.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie