Verilog example of fast ADC reading with the FPGA

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
liorgolgher

Verilog example of fast ADC reading with the FPGA

Post by liorgolgher » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi Nils,

As detailed in our previous correspondence, we would like to program the FPGA of Red Pitaya to read the ADC and transmit the readings as quickly as possible to its GPIO pins. We have bought three Pitayas and contacted some experienced FPGA engineers, but still struggle to understand how to address the ADC through programmable logic.

Can you please direct us at a Verilog example of fast ADC reading with the FPGA?

Thanks,
Lior

Nils Roos

Re: Verilog example of fast ADC reading with the FPGA

Post by Nils Roos » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi Lior,

my suggestion would be to take the existing Red Pitaya logic design as both example and template, and adapt it to your needs.

There is not much you need to actively do to read the ADC, its output and clock is fed to a group of input buffers and is available to the programmable logic at all times. The adc_a and adc_b busses in red_pitaya_top.v carry the raw sample data in two's complement representation, clocked with adc_clk.

The GPIOs are driven by the IOBUF groups i_iobufp and i_iobufn in the same module.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie