Eclipse Remote System Explorer - SSH Terminal not available?

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
weardg

Eclipse Remote System Explorer - SSH Terminal not available?

Post by weardg » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:03 pm

I've been working on setting up a development PC:
Using VirtualBox on a Windows 7 PC
Running Ubuntu 14.04
Installed Eclipse Neon

Running through the old wiki directions http://wiki.redpitaya.com/index.php?tit ... _for_Linux to setup the remote system explorer, I find that under the category "Set Remote System Explorer", I can create a new connection but I am unable to get to the last screen where I select ssh.Terminals and then click finish.

I dug into this a little bit, and there are some resources on google saying that the newer releases of Eclipse no longer come packaged with the ssh.Terminal for RSE. I installed it from the following link: http://download.eclipse.org/tm/terminal/updates/4.0/. However, this still did not allow me to access the last screen and "enable" the ssh.Terminal.

I did find that you can right click on the new Linux connection you have created and select "Open a Terminal".

I am greeted with the error message:
Error connecting 192.168.1.100 : SSH client error: connection is closed by foreign host

From the Ubuntu desktop, I can access a terminal window and log on just fine using:
ssh root@192.168.1.100

One thing to note about this system, I have two ethernet cards. I am behind a corporate firewall, and the only way I could find to get the Red Pitaya to connect via ethernet to my system was to have a second ethernet card installed. The first card access the internet as well as the corporate LAN. The second is directly wired into the Red Pitaya.

Has anyone experienced these issues with Eclipse RSE?
1) Anyone know if accessing the terminal window by right clicking and selecting "Open Terminal..." is the correct way to do this?
2) If not, does anyone know how to get the ssh.Terminal screen back into the RSE setup?
3) Could Eclipse be confused on my ethernet connections and be trying to only access the Red Pitaya on eth0 (ethernet card connected to the corporate LAN) as opposed to eth2 (ethernet card connected to the Red Pitaya)?

weardg

Re: Eclipse Remote System Explorer - SSH Terminal not availa

Post by weardg » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:53 pm

Finally solved this: Needed to add a proxy bypass for this situation. Entered the Red Pitaya's IP address under
Window -> Preferences -> Network Connections

Under Proxy Bypass: Click Add Host...
Enter the Red Pitaya's IP address: 192.168.1.100

It should allow a connection now.

See this thread on the Eclipse Forum: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/154117/

Nils Roos

Re: Eclipse Remote System Explorer - SSH Terminal not availa

Post by Nils Roos » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:15 pm

That's good to know for others who are working in a corporate network environment - thanks for sharing!

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie