Laser - Locking using the Red Pitaya

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
bb11g13

Laser - Locking using the Red Pitaya

Post by bb11g13 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:53 am

Hi there,

I've been looking into simplifying the electronics involved in a laser locking set up. I've been trying my best to look through various SDR files and other FPGA set-ups, but I'm not very proficient in FPGA and was wondering if I could have a hand?

I know that the Red Pitaya has all the facilities I require, but I'm not sure how to access them.

What I need, is the Red Pitaya to act as a Local Oscillator, and generate a continuous sine wave, of frequency that I can change.
This needs to be output on output 2 for example, but also needs to be mixed with an incoming modulated signal on input 1. The result of the mixing needs to be low pass filtered, and output on output 1.

I know there also needs to be ADC's and DAC's before each input and output aswell.

I'd be using the fast analog inputs and outputs (SMA connectors).

Really not quite sure how to go about this, thanks for any consideration this post is given!

Nils Roos

Re: Laser - Locking using the Red Pitaya

Post by Nils Roos » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:11 pm

You should take a look at Pavel's projects, some of them have very similar functionalitiy to what you need, eg. using the ADC and DAC to acquire, process and output a stream of samples in real time, DDS (direct digital synthesis) to generate a sine signal, etc.

I don't know if there's prefabbed blocks for modulation there too, but it should give you an idea where to start.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie