Wired Ethernet Connection

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
mlahlou

Wired Ethernet Connection

Post by mlahlou » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:25 pm

Hello Everybody,

I want to set up the red pitaya to be able to generate a waveform and then acquire the incoming signal and send it to the computer quickest way possible to be handled. Is there a way to connect and communicate through wired Ethernet or maybe even usb? Also what would i need to modify so that the data is able to be sent to the computer? Is there some standard protocol that works that I could implement for this connection? I've tried to search the forum but haven't been successful in finding anything related to this topic with a solid answer and explanation.

Thank you,
mlahlou

f4hga

Re: Wired Ethernet Connection

Post by f4hga » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi mlahlou,

On my side I am using an ethernet router.
My PC and RP are wired connected on 2 ports. Then the router also has wifi and can connect through home wifi.
So my PC has an high exchange rate with Red Pitaya, and still internet access.

I don't know if it could suit your need.

BR.

F4HGA.

mlahlou

Post by mlahlou » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:47 pm

Hello F4HGA,

That sounds like a promising possibility. do you know if using a ethernet hub is possible and does that give the devices ip address? because i was thinking that the best way to get the data to the computer would be to set up a client server type communication. But I'm not so sure, since I am still new to all this. Thank you

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:26 pm

You might want to take a look at the Remote Control examples on the Red Pitaya homepage. They use the scpi-server that is included in the Red Pitaya OS to generate waveforms and acquire samples that can then be read remotely. This works over network and over the USB console.

Be aware that the examples and the documentation of scpi commands contain some errors. Search the forum if something does not work as expected.

mlahlou

Post by mlahlou » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:09 pm

Nils,

I have looked into the scpi and got it up and running.

However I have ran into a situation/problem. Currently I am feeding the Output into the Input of the Red Pitaya and messing around with the generate and acquire functionality. However, when I take the acquired data at higher frequencies (1Mhz or higher) in burst mode, I get a ringing affect. Or at least I am calling it that. The image below was collect at 10MHz with a 5 cycle burst that was only suppose to be repeated once.
RingingProblem.png
Any idea what this could be? I also checked the Output on an Oscilloscope and it produced the correct signal., so I'm guessing its the input where the problem is occuring.

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie