Boot SD Card with mine bitstream.bit

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
jporte

Boot SD Card with mine bitstream.bit

Post by jporte » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Hello,

I am trying boot my harware of the fpga (bitsream.Bit), but do not achieve that the operating system execute . There is any tutorial and manual to load my own hardware with the operating system to the SD Card?

Thank you very much.

Jporte.

Nils Roos

Re: Boot SD Card with mine bitstream.bit

Post by Nils Roos » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:09 am

Hi,

in the RedPitaya/Makefile.x86, you will find the following block:

Code: Select all

################################################################################
# boot file generator
################################################################################

BOOT = $(INSTALL_DIR)/boot.bin

.PHONY: boot

boot: $(BOOT)

FPGA = $(INSTALL_DIR)/fpga/$(FPGA_PRJ)/fpga.bit
FSBL = $(INSTALL_DIR)/fpga/$(FPGA_PRJ)/fsbl.elf

$(BOOT): $(INSTALL_DIR)/fpga $(UBOOT) $(INSTALL_DIR)
	@echo img:{[bootloader] $(FSBL) $(FPGA) $(UBOOT) } > boot_uboot.bif
	bootgen -image boot_uboot.bif -w -o $@
Change the line "FPGA=..." so that it points to your own bitstream - use an absolute path outside of the RedPitaya directory. Then execute the following commands (you need to have Vivado 2016.4 installed with SDK) in the RedPitaya directory:

Code: Select all

. ./settings.sh
make -f Makefile.x86 fpga_all
make -f Makefile.x86 boot
At the end (fpga_all can take more than half an hour) you will have the file RedPitaya/build/boot.bin that you can copy to the root directory of the fat partition on the sd-card. Beware that the included boot loader will set the AXI HP buswidth to 32bit, which can cause problems if you use the AXI HP ports in your design in 64bit mode. If you do not use the AXI HP ports, you can ignore that.

jporte

Post by jporte » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:06 pm

Thank you, I have achieved to load the hardware, but the SO does not execute (we dont receive anything for the UART). It can be owed to not having a correct version to my hardware of the device-tree, or where can be the problem?

Jporte.

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:54 pm

[...] but the SO does not execute (we dont receive anything for the UART). It can be owed to not having a correct version to my hardware of the device-tree, or where can be the problem?
It is not possible to analyze this kind of problem without seeing your complete project and the way you are trying to use it. Can you give more information / sourcecode?

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie