Current stable everything but stable with license keys

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
pylon

Current stable everything but stable with license keys

Post by pylon » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:07 pm

I received yesterday my redpitaya additions with the logic analyzer and the LCR. After entering the license keys I was able to call one application but the button back to the app overview reproducibly freezed the whole device. From then on a complete reload in the browser or a cold restart of the device helped nothing. Using the browser developer tools I was able to find out that the calls for the list of available applications returned empty documents. Logging into the device using SSH the log files showed that some component tried to find out the license keys of the applications that don't need to be licensed (p.e. the oscilloscope or the network manager). The nginx workers were terminated in a high frequency as long as the GUI was running in the browser.
I reinstalled a fresh stable image at least 5 times to try different actions (p.e. updating to the newest release or not, calling different apps as the first action, etc.) that might have lead to this situations. Every time the license keys got activated (the log showed that the LCR and the LA were licensed), the GUI stopped working with identical symptoms.
I then downloaded and installed the beta image and everything went back to normal.

Please update the stable image immediately! If you don't have another option, make the beta image the stable one but I think it's unacceptable that the beta image is stable (as far as I can tell now) while the stable image is simply unusable (with payed license keys, it worked without them). The least action you have to take is to update the documentation about how to activate the license keys that you have to install the beta image and NOT the stable image in that case.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie