Spectrum Analyzer Pro range display problem

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
phy7ajw

Spectrum Analyzer Pro range display problem

Post by phy7ajw » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:29 pm

Hello all,

I'm new to Red Pitaya and have just had a brief look at an oscillator's output using the Oscilloscope and Spectrum Analyzer applications. In Spectrum Analyzer Pro I appear to have a problem with the display of the spectrum when I change the frequency range. When I try to reduce the range to get a better look at my signal of interest (in this case a simple sinusoid at 20 MHz) the spectrum display no longer corresponds to the horizontal range scale. The Peak detection still shows the correct oscillator frequency and the waterfall display also appears to be OK and follows the range scale.

My hardware is a STEMlab 125-10 Diagnostic Kit, running Red Pitaya OS 0.96-86. I've made a couple of video clips to show the problem:

1) When using the horizontal +/- buttons to zoom in on the spectrum:
https://youtu.be/r2bV5-qwcyY

2) When typing in new range min/max values:
https://youtu.be/6Q9mj6FNhs8

Hopefully these links work, they're unlisted clips on YouTube as I don't want to pollute it with bug reports :-)

The older Spectrum Analyzer application (white background, smaller display area) behaves fine, no problems and the zoom method is very intuitive (it would be nice to see that method of drawing a zoom box around the area of interest in Spectrum Analyzer Pro),

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Thanks

Andy

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Spectrum Analyzer Pro range display problem

Post by redpitaya » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:21 pm

Hello,

Thank you for posting this issue.
We did noticed this bug but on OS 0.96 it should be fixed.

Can you try to download latest BETA version an check it once more.
http://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/late ... Dcard.html

Best,

phy7ajw

Post by phy7ajw » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks. The 0.97-42 beta release does fix this problem for me.

It gives rise to a few more questions (e.g. "after the range has been set by entering min/max values, the horizontal +/- controls no longer work - is this expected?"). Where is the best place to provide feedback like this on RP applications or OS releases? When I click on the "Feedback" icon on my RP's home page it just tries to launch an e-mail client (which I don't have set up on this PC, I use gmail on the web) and it's not obvious who it's trying to create an e-mail to...

Regards,

Andy

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:48 pm

If it's about PRO applications, the right place to provide feedback is support@redpitaya.com

Posting here, opening an issue on github, or mailing support@redpitaya.com is all OK if it's about the open source components (OS, API, FPGA, non-PRO apps).

(the feedback button tries to create an email to support@redpitaya.com)

phy7ajw

Post by phy7ajw » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:33 pm

Thanks Nils, I'll send in some feedback.

Andy

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie