Can I not write data to input buffers after triggering?

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
tsitsimp

Can I not write data to input buffers after triggering?

Post by tsitsimp » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Hello,

with

osc_fpga_arm_trigger() , input buffers start receiving data continuously and with osc_fpga_set_trigger(0x6) we set the trigger source, and (I think) when it is reset to 0x0 it means that the trigger was seen and 16384 values are available for me to write. Can I somehow wait to see the trigger without sending data to the input buffers, and after I see it wait for some time before I start writing data in there?

I am using the fpga_osc.c along with trigger.c from this post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=355

Edit: Probably no? Because by default it uses the buffer to see at which point the trigger was captured?

Cheers,
Johnny

Nils Roos

Re: Can I not write data to input buffers after triggering?

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:58 pm

Hi Johnny,

you can, by setting the trigger delay to a larger value. When the trigger is recognized, a countdown is started with the trigger delay. When it reaches 0, recording will stop and the buffer will contain samples (delay - 8191) .. (delay + 8192) with the trigger point at 0. The delay can be as large as 2^31 - 8193 .

tsitsimp

Post by tsitsimp » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Thanks, that works!

But I assume that the time length is depending on the decimation rate, right? e.g. decimation of 1, trigger delay (10)=80ns, decimation 8, trigger delay(10)=640ns ?

Cheers,
Johnny

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:58 pm

That's right.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie