FPGA LED blink tutorial - restoring Bazaar apps

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
JohnnyMalaria

FPGA LED blink tutorial - restoring Bazaar apps

Post by JohnnyMalaria » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi,

I've been following the FPGA Blink LED tutorial so that I can learn how to make a couple of changes to the clocking of the RP. I've installed Vivado 2017.1, resolved various issues due to it being a later version, and successfully created the bitstream. My problem is this:

The tutorial states that "you will also find that none of the Bazaar applications works anymore. That is because the registers in the 0x40100000-0x407fffff region are no longer there and will read constant 0. In the next section of this tutorial, we will start to put functionality back into the device." The tutorial comes to an abrupt end with no indication of how to get the Bazaar apps to work. Is there a xpr for the current production device? What exactly is missing? Just the scope/spectrum analyzer or everything including programming tools like Jupyter?

If I can't use the approach in the tutorial then how can I modify the FPGA? I've seen the Koheron example for changing clocking (I want to daisy-chain two RPs and synchronize them) but the steps to get it going seem very overwhelming (so many prerequisites and long steps) that I don't even know will succeed using a bash environment on Windows.

Synchronizing the fast DAC outputs from two RPs is an absolute requirement for my project.

Thank you.

jeanminet

Re: FPGA LED blink tutorial - restoring Bazaar apps

Post by jeanminet » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:33 pm

I don't even know will succeed using a bash environment on Windows
You can run a Ubuntu virtual machine on Windows using Virtualbox and install Vivado on the virtual machine.
https://www.koheron.com/support/windows ... box-ubuntu

givemespamhere

Post by givemespamhere » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:18 am

How were you able to resolve the issues arising from using Vivado 2017?

JohnnyMalaria

Post by JohnnyMalaria » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:15 pm

I don't have the specific details to hand but in many cases it was because the project files required a particular version of a clock wizard but the one that was installed was too recent. So I edited the appropriate files. If I can, I will pull up the specifics if that's the issue you are having. To be honest, though, I gave up on the idea of syncing two RPs to generate 4 sync'd RF signals simply because of the insane effort required to achieve what should be an out-of-the-box feature. I found a less expensive 4-channel RF DDS that works and meets my needs perfectly.

John.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie