What The Heck Is Radiobox And How Do You Use It?

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: What The Heck Is Radiobox And How Do You Use It?

Post by redpitaya » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:07 pm

DF4IAH

Re: What The Heck Is Radiobox And How Do You Use It?

Post by DF4IAH » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:17 pm

Hello Steve,

RadioBox is a facility to use your redpitaya to run as radio frequency transmitter and receiver. With the help
of the FPGA all parts are nice to have a DDS synthesizer, a modulator and demodulator for the amplitude modulation (AM),
frequency modulation (FM), phase modulation (PM) and single-side-band (SSB) signals as how they are used by radio
amateurs (HAM).

If all these words above are cryptic to you, I just can give you a hint to listen to the short wave band of 41 meters by
entering the frequency of 7,215.0 kHz for Chinese Radio and other programs in that radio band.

To be successful you need an antenna, just use a wire of some meters and connect it to one of the "fast" ADC converter
inputs. Select AM (amplitude modulation "envelope decoder") and scan the frequency up and down in the area of 41 meter
- that is 7.2 MHz - 7.450 MHz. That should give you some results. Be sure to test this in the evening hours when the 41 meter
band is most up.

As already stated there are some documentation I have crafted, the https://github.com/DF4IAH/RedPitaya_RadioBox/wiki
is indeed the main entry point to that feature.

Meanwhile I have got some results from users using this facility with success. Feel free to upgrade the front-end to suit
more to your needs. Due to familary circumstances I have to invest my time to my father. Hopefully I will enhance RadioBox
in a few month, again.

Thank you for your request, Steve.

Cheers,
Uli DF4IAH

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie