Missing SCPI commands(?)

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
JohnnyMalaria

Missing SCPI commands(?)

Post by JohnnyMalaria » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere - the forum search won't let me search for 'scpi' - it's too common.

I am writing a Python app on the PC side and using the SCPI server. There seems to be some commands missing that should be there. For example, the fast output amplitude can be set via SCPI but not queried: SOUR1:VOLT 0.5 works but SOUR1:VOLT? doesn't exist. Yet some things can be queried such as ACQ:AVG? For me, the ability to query the actual voltage setting is more important than the averaging state. I also need to be able to query the actual frequency of the fast output. For example, if I request 40.00000000MHz, I know it won't be exact. I also know that I could calculate what it most likely should be but I need to query the actual value from the FPGA registers using a SCPI command such as SOUR1:FREQ:FIX?

It seems to me that many possible query commands have not been implemented. Can this be addressed?

Thanks,

John.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Missing SCPI commands(?)

Post by redpitaya » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:57 am

Hi,

thank you for reporting the problem, we are working on a new version of the SCPI server, where this issues will be fixed. We expect that the new SCPI server will be available at the end of september.

kind regards Red Pitaya team

JohnnyMalaria

Re: Missing SCPI commands(?)

Post by JohnnyMalaria » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:30 am

Hi,

That sounds great, thank you.

I have noticed some changes to the GitHub documents relating to SCPI including new source code and examples. For the latter, they all seem to require LabVIEW (PyVISA or NI-VISA according to the RP SCPI doc) - will the new SCPI server still be usable from Python via "import redpitaya_scpi" etc?

John.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie