vivado base project for direct pass through adc data to dac

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
downunderthunder123

vivado base project for direct pass through adc data to dac

Post by downunderthunder123 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi,
since a while I am struggling with the fpga vivado projects that are good to get familiar with fpga on the red pitaya.
For instance I got the
stop watch running --> http://antonpotocnik.com/?p=489265
the LED and knight rider projects worked for me, too...... I already did some minor adaptions on the projects in order to understand better.

the project no. 4 is a frequency counter that I managed to output a bitstream.... but still with some strange behaviour.... (I don't care so much).

Based upon the the stop watch project what changes do I have to do in order to just get data from IN1 to OUT1?
that I guess would be a good starting point for doing some signal processing later on............

Best Regards

Oliver

irain04

Re: vivado base project for direct pass through adc data to

Post by irain04 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:54 am

Hi Oliver,

For the IN1:
You can find the following code lines in https://github.com/RedPitaya/RedPitaya/ ... aya_top.sv:

Code: Select all

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// ADC IO
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// generating ADC clock is disabled
assign adc_clk_o = 2'b10;
//ODDR i_adc_clk_p ( .Q(adc_clk_o[0]), .D1(1'b1), .D2(1'b0), .C(fclk[0]), .CE(1'b1), .R(1'b0), .S(1'b0));
//ODDR i_adc_clk_n ( .Q(adc_clk_o[1]), .D1(1'b0), .D2(1'b1), .C(fclk[0]), .CE(1'b1), .R(1'b0), .S(1'b0));

// ADC clock duty cycle stabilizer is enabled
assign adc_cdcs_o = 1'b1 ;

logic [2-1:0] [14-1:0] adc_dat_raw;

// IO block registers should be used here
// lowest 2 bits reserved for 16bit ADC
always @(posedge adc_clk)
begin
  adc_dat_raw[0] <= adc_dat_i[0][16-1:2];
  adc_dat_raw[1] <= adc_dat_i[1][16-1:2];
end

// transform into 2's complement (negative slope)
assign adc_dat[0] = digital_loop ? dac_a : {adc_dat_raw[0][14-1], ~adc_dat_raw[0][14-2:0]};
assign adc_dat[1] = digital_loop ? dac_b : {adc_dat_raw[1][14-1], ~adc_dat_raw[1][14-2:0]};
adc_dat_raw is the raw data from ADC of Red Pitaya, adc_dat[0] is the data of IN1 that you can use as input for signal processing.

For OUT1:
You can find the following code lines in https://github.com/RedPitaya/RedPitaya/ ... aya_top.sv:

Code: Select all

// DAC IO

// Sumation of ASG and PID signal perform saturation before sending to DAC 
assign dac_a_sum = asg_dat[0] + pid_dat[0];
assign dac_b_sum = asg_dat[1] + pid_dat[1];

// saturation
assign dac_a = (^dac_a_sum[15-1:15-2]) ? {dac_a_sum[15-1], {13{~dac_a_sum[15-1]}}} : dac_a_sum[14-1:0];
assign dac_b = (^dac_b_sum[15-1:15-2]) ? {dac_b_sum[15-1], {13{~dac_b_sum[15-1]}}} : dac_b_sum[14-1:0];

// output registers + signed to unsigned (also to negative slope)
always @(posedge dac_clk_1x)
begin
  dac_dat_a <= {dac_a[14-1], ~dac_a[14-2:0]};
  dac_dat_b <= {dac_b[14-1], ~dac_b[14-2:0]};
end
dac_dat_a is the data which is sent to DAC to generate OUT1.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Trung

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie