New User: Setting Up the Software

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
mishra.kanhaiya91

New User: Setting Up the Software

Post by mishra.kanhaiya91 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi,
I recently bought the Red Pitaya board (STEM-LAB 125-14 Diagnostics Kit). I intend to do some signal processing project ( mainly C Coding, would also like to use built in apps).

Whatever is mentioned in the ecosystem guide, do we need to do this on RedPitaya board?? or on a separate PC and install only the executable? Do we need the RedPiataya Git Repository on the board?

Can you please let me know what all things I need to have on the board before I can start coding ? And regarding the C Code, where do I need compile them on the device or on the PC and just run on the device?? The documentation is not very helpful, codes are given but no detailed user manual is provided like other smaller controller/processor boards.

I have already downloaded to so many things on the board itself except for the VIVADO, when I realised I ended up eating a lot of space already.
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 3.2G 2.1G 943M 70% /
devtmpfs 210M 0 210M 0% /dev
tmpfs 218M 0 218M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 218M 5.8M 212M 3% /run
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 218M 0 218M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs 16M 4.3M 12M 27% /tmp/ram
/dev/mmcblk0p1 118M 30M 89M 25% /boot
Can you let me know how to clean up?

Thanks.

amike88

Re: New User: Setting Up the Software

Post by amike88 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:12 pm

Hi,
Whatever is mentioned in the ecosystem guide, do we need to do this on RedPitaya board?? or on a separate PC and install only the executable? Do we need the RedPiataya Git Repository on the board?
All of this should be done on a PC

I guess the easiest thing to do is to download a clean SD image, from Red Pitayas download release and reprogram your SD card. Follow the instructions here.

Regarding the sw development I do not have a lot of experience there but would think that it would be easier to develop on RP everything you need for c development should be already there.

mishra.kanhaiya91

Post by mishra.kanhaiya91 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:15 pm

Looks like I didn't need to do this, since SD card on all new boards comes pre-loaded. However, I still want to recompile the API, I want to add few new functions, can you please tell me how can I rebuild the API and generate the librp.so file.

What I have tried:
1. Clone the Redpitaya folder from github to a local directory on PC (Ubuntu 16.04 LS, 64-bit).
2. Run "make api" command.
I am able to generate the "librp.so" file after compilation. However if I use that file on RedPitaya board, it throws following error.
/root/local/build/lib/librp.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized

Further, I tried to compile the api on the board itself.
Now, with this "librp.so" file, when I compile my C program, linker doesn't throw any error, however there is segmentation fault caused by "rp_DpinReset()" function during runtime.
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xb6fa4b38 in rp_DpinReset () from /root/RedPitaya/build/lib/librp.so

However, when I use "librp.so" file which is saved under the /opt/redpitaya/lib (came preloaded with the board), there is no such error.

Please let me know what is the correct way to rebuild the "librp.so" file, I need to tweak few APIs.

amike88

Post by amike88 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:35 am

Have you seen Compiling and running C applications paragraph in the documentation?

There are some steps that need to be taken before you can compile your software.

best of luck

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie