SCPI triggering and averaging

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
Dje

SCPI triggering and averaging

Post by Dje » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:40 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a new user of Red Pitaya and I have no background in FPGA programming. I guess my questions are pretty simple, but I couldn'd find any answer over the forum (or maybe I missed it). I am using scpi communication with python. Whant I want to do (for starting) is to generate a burst, and to measure it, so I connect output 1 to input 1. Then, I want to do a specified number of averaging of my signal.

- I'm considering the example 2.4.4.4.3. Synchronised one pulse signal generation and acquisition of the Red Pitaya Documentation. Here are my question:

- When I increase the frequency of my sinus to 500 kHz, and considering a decimation of 1, I measure a strange signal, which is like 2 bursts, with a small delay between them, and a kind of modulation... I'm largely oversampled, so I don't understand why this is happening. I guess this is a metter of buffering and triggering, but some explanations would be appreciated.

- What does mean AWG in the command ACQ:TRIG ?

- Another question: I don't understand the averaging comand (ACQ:AVG). I guess that the signal is averaged everytime the buffer is completely filled, but what is the total acquisition time, and how do we specify the number of average ?

Thank you very much for your help.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie