Remote access issue

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
carlos.e.teixeira

Remote access issue

Post by carlos.e.teixeira » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:58 pm

Hi everyone!
First of all, happy new year!

I'm using a Red Pitaya board in one of my projects. The current OS and ecosystem versions are Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS and 0.97, respectively.

The prototype is under field testing, so the remote access must be used. For this, I have an Ethernet point close to the Red Pitaya, in order to perform a wired connection. This network point comes from the Switch AT-XS916MXT, by Allied Telesis. The main PC is also connected to this Switch, in the other side.

Setting a static IP for the RedPitaya, I'm not able to ping it. Otherwise, when I replace the RedPitaya for a secondary Windows-based PC, it is possible to ping it from the main PC, using the same static IP and default gateway. The direct connection between the main PC and the Red Pitaya works normally.

Does anyone know if this ping issue is due to the Switch or due to the RedPitaya? Is there any configuration to be made on the Red Pitaya's Linux environment? If not, could this problem be due to any configuration to be made on the switch?

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Sorry for any inconvenience!
Thanks in advance!

The Great Morphu

Re: Remote access issue

Post by The Great Morphu » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:28 pm

Dear Carlos,

I do not have an answer for this, but would also be very interested in the number displayed on the RP osciloscope webpage using python.
They must exist as a variable in the RP software.. is there a command line to get them!?

All the best,
Morphu

carlos.e.teixeira

Post by carlos.e.teixeira » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:26 pm

Dear Morphu,
I do not understand your post. It has nothing to do with my post.
I strongly suggest you create a new post for your issue.
Best regards!

amike88

Post by amike88 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi,

yes you should also set a static IP on your linux machine, you will find the configuration described in RP documentation.

hope it helps

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie