list of C API functions/documentation

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
jujava

list of C API functions/documentation

Post by jujava » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:12 am

Hello everyone,

I would like to output from the DAC the data from the ADC after a possible large time delay using a memory buffer. This must works without time gap and was wondering if I could do this using only the C API and the PS using a circular memory buffer.

But, beyond a few C examples, I could not find a the full documentation of the C API and how to access the BRAM and the 512Mo RAM of the RP. Is this documentation available somewhere ?
Also, is it possible to use DMA between DAC and ADC using the C api ?

thank you very much in advance for your help,

JJ.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: list of C API functions/documentation

Post by redpitaya » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:57 am

Hello Jujava,

I need to consult with my team on this.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:02 pm

C programming language might not be the best for this task. If you know how to reprogram the FPGA, this is a much easier problem. I would recommend doing this in FPGA.

To do this in C, this is very close to a real-time problem as you need to read the data from the circular ADC buffer inside the RAM (following the pointer as it moves and writes data into the buffer) and then write them into the DAC buffer, but this must not be too fast or too slow as you might skip a sample or read it twice.

We have recently added DMA to the Red Pitaya, but this is available only in the latest 2.00 OS and the Nightly Builds. Plus it is still a BETA feature, so it was not properly tested. Also, currently, the DMA generation is not yet available.

Alternatively, you can try the DSP sandbox project, where you can do simple filtering and DSP processing with an application.
https://github.com/dspsandbox/Canvas/wi ... al-scaling

jujava

Post by jujava » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:37 pm

Hello,

thanks a lot, I was afraid one should use DMA indeed.

I was told that the Canvas project would not work for what I am trying to do, in particular it does not allow for sufficiently large delay, too bad, I will look further !

best regards,

JJ.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie