use as a hardware?

Applications, development tools, FPGA, C, WEB
liuwei

use as a hardware?

Post by liuwei » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:53 am

I wonder if could I use the board as an FPGA development board?
That means I do not use your software and api function and I wanna develop my own FPGA software and download it. I just wanna
use it as a hardware platform. If it can work only as a hardware platform, how can I download myself software? Is there any JTAG ports reserved?

pavel

Re: use as a hardware?

Post by pavel » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:32 am

Hi,

It's possible to use Red Pitaya as a ZYNQ based development board. It's exactly as I'm using it for my projects.

If your FPGA projects need to communicate with the outside world, then you also need to program the CPU part of the ZYNQ system. The on-board USB and Ethernet controllers are only available via the CPU.

The board has a JTAG connector as for example can be seen on the following image (the connector is in the top right corner, six pins on the right of the Ethernet connector):

Personally, I find it easier to boot Linux from an SD card and then configure the FPGA from the Linux command line.

You can find some notes on how I'm using Red Pitaya as a development board at the following link:

http://pavel-demin.github.io/red-pitaya-notes/

Cheers,

Pavel

mohammadrasekh68

Re: use as a hardware?

Post by mohammadrasekh68 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:52 pm

Hello
Im trying to use Redpitaya board as an development board using JTAG, first the picture in this page from your post is not available. Also, I cant find any note about it on mentioned link page,
can you please specify which part of mentioned page should i refer to?
regards

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie