Discussions about active development projects
#1984 by trollhassel
Fri May 08, 2015 11:05 am
Hi Brian.

Yes, that is correct, I have only implemented the first code I posted.

I am yet to find a good method of testing the rates I am getting, but if data is to be transfered from the Red Pitaya via ethernet this is the fastest method we have found thus far (TCP). UDP has been tested as well, but too many packets were lost. The rate has only been measured with a stop watch over a big sample and then calculating a mean value.

10000 loops of 5000 samples takes ~18 seconds which is (10000*5000)S/18s = 2.7 kSamples/second.

From what I understand this rate should be possible to easily double if data is stored in 16bit memory instead of 32bit memory in the FPGA, but my skills are far too limited at this time to achieve this.
#3619 by rudyhuezo
Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:57 pm
Dear Grozomah (and everyone on this post),

I have tried to use your code but have been unsuccessful in getting output that makes sense. The only changes that I have made to your code is changing the trigger_voltage variable. Currently I am testing the code by using a function generator but the code is "collecting data" at seemingly wrong values. For example, I set trigger_voltage to 1V and the code triggers at some value less than 1V. Could you also explain what you mean by "[1V...~600 RP units]"?

Sorry for my lack of understanding and probably vague question but I am a complete novice when it comes to the Red Pitaya.