Project files for red pitaya fpga

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
Ajoshi_11

Project files for red pitaya fpga

Post by Ajoshi_11 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Hello Red Pitayans!
I am a newbie in fpga design. I see default bit file inside the fpga folder of my red pitaya's sd card [fpga_0.94.bit].
I was wondering if its possible to get the actual project files so that i can see the block diagram in Vivado and get a better understanding of whats actually happening inside the fpga.
I also want to add my own functionality to the fpga while keeping the red pitaya's API support intact [if there are resources left].
Can someone help :)
Thanks

Nils Roos

Re: Project files for red pitaya fpga

Post by Nils Roos » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:58 pm

The project files are not part of the sources, because Vivado project files do not play well with version control systems. You can generate the projects (including block designs) by doing "make PRJ=<name> project" in the fpga folder. <name> is one of the subfolders in fpga/prj/ .

Ajoshi_11

Post by Ajoshi_11 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Thanks Nils for the reply

However, I dont see any fpga/prj directory in my sd card and hence, no makefile either. All I see are three bit files in my fpga folder namely fpga.bit,fpga_0.93.bit and fpga_0.94.bit.
Again, I am willing to open the project files corresponding to the fpga_0.94.bit in vivado to have a closer look.

..regards :)

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:22 pm

The sources are not included in the sd-card image. You have to fetch them from the Red Pitaya github repository.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie