SCPI Documentation

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
DJ6OA

SCPI Documentation

Post by DJ6OA » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:41 am

Hi all,

Is there any update to the SCPI documentation or a list of errors of the present documentation ?

As a beginner with Python and and SCPI and assuming that as usual the error was sitting in front of the computer, it took me just hours in efforts to adapt the python blink example to the GPIO pins and to recognize that this time the error was in the Documentation for the SCPI.

The fact that the correct version for "DIR" in the GPIO commands is "IN" and "OUT" instead of "INP" and "OUTP" is nicely hidden but eventually was found in the FORUM.

Are there any further known errors in the SCPI Documentation ?

Apart there from, my experience with the RedPitaya always was excellent and I only may congratulate you to this nice device.

All the best

Rainer, DJ6OA

Nils Roos

Re: SCPI Documentation

Post by Nils Roos » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:57 pm

I usually open an issue on github when I find an error in the scpi documentation. That's as close to a list of errors as it currently gets, but with the next release on the horizon I've let it slide in the past few weeks.

irata

Re: SCPI Documentation

Post by irata » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:37 pm

The link on the page "redpitaya.com/control/" refer to very outdated SCPI documentation (19.3.2015)

More recent can be found at "wiki.redpitaya.com"
in the section 3.Matlab/Python/LabView/SciLab Interface
list of supported SCPI commands (3.3.2016)

However there are still some errors
e.g
ACQ:DATA:FORMAT <PAR> where par can be ASCII or BIN (not FLOAT as given in documentation)

or examples where is wrongly showed an extra GET:
ACQ:GET:DATA:UNITS RAW
ACQ:GET:DATA:FORMAT ASCII
ACQ:SOUR1:GET:DATA 10,13

function ACQ:SRAT <par> was removed and can be only queried
as expalined in https://github.com/RedPitaya/RedPitaya/ ... cpi-server
"SCPI documentation cleanup"

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie