Can't send file to Red Pitaya using SSH

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
victorhkr

Can't send file to Red Pitaya using SSH

Post by victorhkr » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi,
I connected to my rp board using SSH, everything alright, I am following the FPGA blink led tutorial, I use this command "scp fpga.bin root@rp-f01ebf.dir:/tmp" it says it sended the file :
root@rp-f01ebf.dir's password:
fpga.bin 100% 2035KB 2.0MB/s 00:00
but when I go to rp tmp folder I has no file.

Nils Roos

Re: Can't send file to Red Pitaya using SSH

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:54 pm

scp seems to interpret the remote path relative to the user's home directory. You can probably find the file under /root/tmp/fpga.bin .
edit:
Actually that was a misunderstanding, I happened to already have a root/tmp/fpga.bin file on my RP. Try to do the scp command with the Red Pitaya's actual ip address (can be found with "ip addr list" locally). Worked with mine - ie it put the file into the /tmp dir where there previously was none.

victorhkr

Post by victorhkr » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi Nils, I managed to send the fpga.bin to red pitaya, but I did not managed to send in the /tmp folder I sended to the general folder, / . I did the fpga led blink tutorial and saw the led blinking. And in case somebody is trying to do the same remember to implement fpga.bin in terminal everytime you generate a Bitstream. Do you know why I can't send to tmp folder?

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:11 pm

Do you know why I can't send to tmp folder?
No idea, I have no such difficulties with the scp command.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie