No Connection

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
Bulova

No Connection

Post by Bulova » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Hello,

after several months of no use I tried the 0.96 update (with all needed steps of imaging, config-file etc.) and got no connection via WLAN. After many tries I took the older OS 0.95 inside again and tried again, still no connection. Then I connected LAN instead and got the same problem -- no connection. All the LEDs seem to be normal, also inside the EDIMAX the LED makes some erratic flashing.

I did not try the start via direct connection and the console, so maybe this can report what can be wrong.

I am a little bit disappointed, long time pause with RP and then it does not work anymore. Sorry to say, that is not just a sign of being reliable.

Dieter

Bulova

Re: No Connection

Post by Bulova » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:11 pm

Answering myself:

It seems like my RP does have sometimes problems to get into my network (which other devices don't have). Anyway, I re-changed the OS to the newest one (0.96), and sometimes I was geting connection. A strange thing is, that I very often have to start the IP-URL twice to get the site started.

Dieter

Nils Roos

Re: No Connection

Post by Nils Roos » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:42 pm

Hi Dieter,

unless there is some very obvious problem, it is pretty difficult to diagnose issues with network connectivity remotely - especially without detailed knowledge of your local network setup.

In general, the Red Pitaya doesn't reinvent the network wheel. It uses all the established configuration mechanisms and drivers of the linux OS, ubuntu distribution, and systemd.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie