SSH Connection - Fatal Error on Putty

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
exegll

SSH Connection - Fatal Error on Putty

Post by exegll » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:08 am

Very new to RP and trying to learn my way around it.

Next on the learning curve was to access the RP via SSH.

With PUTTY from Windows 10, I set up a connection to the local address (I tried both the wired and WiFi) but every time I get back an error message from PUTTY:

PuTTY Fatal Error
Server unexpectedly closed network connection.

Putty is set up for SSH (version 2) port 22

Setting Putty up for version 1 gives the following:

PuTTY Fatal Error
SSH protocol version 1 required by configuration but not provided by server.

I have set RP up so that I can connect to it through either the redpitaya site (MY EQUIPMENT) or through the RP network address (ethernet or WiFi). I can download Apps from the marketplace and have updated the OS to the latest (096.86). The same issue exists with 096.20

I did have an issue with my licence for the Logic Analyzer not working, but that is the subject of another post.

Any ideas how I can SSH into the RP?

Thanks

Barry

exegll

FIXED Re: SSH Connection - Fatal Error on Putty

Post by exegll » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:39 pm

Solved by running the SCPI Server Application then doing the SSH through Putty!

Nils Roos

Re: SSH Connection - Fatal Error on Putty

Post by Nils Roos » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:25 pm

Hi Barry,

that's strange - maybe the ssh server wasn't yet up and running when you tried to connect. SSH v1 is not supported, so the error there is expected and indicates successful communication.

Regarding your license question, I had already forwarded it to support@redpitaya.com - that's the place to address issues with the store and licenses to.

exegll

Post by exegll » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:25 am

I am obviously beset with Gremlins.

After playing around to get the Logic Analyser working, I now find that SSH works with or without SCPI running. The only major change I made was re-installing Chrome, but that should not affect Putty and SSH.

Barry

Nils Roos

Post by Nils Roos » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:03 pm

The only major change I made was re-installing Chrome, but that should not affect Putty and SSH.
Agreed - I still believe you were not patient enough. For some reason the nginx webserver on current OS releases takes longer to start and may block several other init processes.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie