StemLab 125-10 not connecting through Ethernet...

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
lblaauw

StemLab 125-10 not connecting through Ethernet...

Post by lblaauw » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi,

Today I received my stemlab 125-10 but on connecting it through the suplied(and some other) ethernet cables directly to my router the light for the connection of an ehternet cable does not come on at all. Tried my laptop on my router with the same cable and it connects fine so router problems can be excluded i believe. Also tried a direct link with a dhcp server running on my laptop and connecting the RP directly to the RP. Same result that dhcp server also does not see the RP connected. I also noticed no lights on the ethernet connector on the RP lighting up but not sure if that is normal or not ?

Blue and green light solid on the RP and the red light flashes periodically so as far as I understand it so far the RP is fine too... Except no ethernet connection.. Could it be a faulty board or is there maybe something I am missing here?

Any help and tips appreciated,

greetings
Leo

Nils Roos

Re: StemLab 125-10 not connecting through Ethernet...

Post by Nils Roos » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:19 pm

The left LED on the socket indicates link status and the right indicates activity. Link status is solid green for 1000MBit, flashing green for 100MBit, and (probably) off for 10MBit. You should see at least some activity when inserting the network cable, both on the RP and on the equipment at the other end.

Make sure that the cable is fully inserted and check that there isn't something stuck in the socket. If that seems to be in order, I'm afraid your unit may be faulty. Write to support@redpitaya.com and ask how to proceed.

lblaauw

Re: StemLab 125-10 not connecting through Ethernet...

Post by lblaauw » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:42 am

Nils Roos wrote:The left LED on the socket indicates link status and the right indicates activity. Link status is solid green for 1000MBit, flashing green for 100MBit, and (probably) off for 10MBit. You should see at least some activity when inserting the network cable, both on the RP and on the equipment at the other end.

Make sure that the cable is fully inserted and check that there isn't something stuck in the socket. If that seems to be in order, I'm afraid your unit may be faulty. Write to support@redpitaya.com and ask how to proceed.
Yes I know about the socket lights... none light up so indeed I am afraid its a faulty board. Allready put in for RMA bummer but oh well.

regards,
Leo

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie