Connecting to hidden WiFi and using on several WiFi networks

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
LY1XO

Connecting to hidden WiFi and using on several WiFi networks

Post by LY1XO » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:45 pm

Hallo,

It could be answered, but I can't find the topic.
I've got my STEMlab 125-14 Diagnostic Kit yesterday and want to explore it much, but first of all I have two questions.

1. Is it possible to connect RedPitaya to a hidden wifi network? Using Network Manager it shows only visible WiFi networks, and shows some networks without SSID. If I enter my SSID and password it doesn't connect. If I make my SSID broadcast, then Network manager shows my network and I am able to connect to that network.
Also I've tried to enter settings directly to wpa_supplicant.conf. But after that Network manager shows that WiFi dongle is not plugged in.

2. RedPitaya is very useful if I want to bring it everywhere I want. But in different places there could be different WiFi networks in use, so is it possible RedPitaya to remember every WiFi network I connect and automatically connect to one of them which is reachable at the place?

Thank you.

LY1XO

Re: Connecting to hidden WiFi and using on several WiFi netw

Post by LY1XO » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:25 pm

Found solution by my self.
Just need to edit wpa_supplicant.conf file on FAT partition of SD card. You must first mount that partition as rewritable or simply access it on your PC through card reader. In this file you must make several network sections for every WiFi network. And use scan_ssid=1 parameter for every hidden WiFi network .

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie