FORUM & MARKETPLACE maintenance

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
redpitaya
Site Admin

FORUM & MARKETPLACE maintenance

Post by redpitaya » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi,

we will be making forum & marketplace maintenance in the next few weeks.

We apologise for any inconvenience this might cause.

kind regards Red Pitaya team

pavel

Re: FORUM & MARKETPLACE maintenance

Post by pavel » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:55 pm

I hope that this is the right thread for the following announcement.

Since more than a month, the contributor interface of the Red Pitaya market place is broken and I can't upload newer versions of my applications. Having newer versions in my Red Pitaya notes and older versions in the Red Pitaya market place creates more and more problems and confusions.

For example, I was notified of a problem with the TX signals generated by the SDR applications for Red Pitaya:
https://github.com/pavel-demin/red-pita ... issues/498

I've fixed the DDS-DAC interface in all my applications and I'm updating the pre-built SD card images linked from my Red Pitaya notes but I can't update the bazaar applications.

I don't think that keeping the versions of the applications with known unfixed bugs accessible from the Red Pitaya market place is a good idea. So, a few days ago, I've removed all the old versions of my applications (SDR, VNA, MCPHA) from the Red Pitaya market place. Once the contributor interface gets fixed, I'll upload the newer versions.

tzillner

Post by tzillner » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi Pavel,

is there any other way to install your Apps in the meantime? I want to use Red Pitaya with Gnu Radio and would like to use you SDR Transceiver. Unfortunately it is not listed in the marketplace at the moment.

Is there any information when the marketplace maintenance will be finished?

Thanks!

pavel

Post by pavel » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Here are the links to the latest versions of the SDR applications:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5fy49wae6xwx ... 2.zip?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5fy49wae6xwx ... 2.zip?dl=1

These .zip files can be manually installed by unzipping them to /opt/redpitaya/www/apps.
Last edited by pavel on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

ON7YI

Post by ON7YI » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:42 am

Well as end-user it is not very nice to have to play "DJ" with different SD cards" to stick them in and out of the red-pitaya and having to reboot it often. In addition I have a limitted number of SD cards and it forces me spending time "burning images" when I switch environment. I am confidend the matter will be resolved soon by STEM. However, it would be great if STEM could communicate on this subject in the mean time.

pavel

Post by pavel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:15 pm

ON7YI wrote:Well as end-user it is not very nice to have to play "DJ" with different SD cards" to stick them in and out of the red-pitaya and having to reboot it often. In addition I have a limitted number of SD cards and it forces me spending time "burning images" when I switch environment.
As a possible solution/workaround of the broken application marketplace problem, I've built a new SD card image containing almost all my applications. This image is based on the lightweight Alpine Linux distribution. It's small, fast to download and fast to install. The applications can be started via a web interface.

The SD card image and some instructions can be found at the following link:

http://pavel-demin.github.io/red-pitaya-notes/alpine

ON7YI

Post by ON7YI » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:31 am

Thanks Pavel ! Greatly appreciated :)

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie