Loading the SDR receiver software

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
Basil

Loading the SDR receiver software

Post by Basil » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:21 pm

I formatted my RP card FAT32 and clean loaded the latest stable RP release to it. I now want to load the SDR *RECEIVER* software, not the *TRANSCEIVER* software. If I try to write this to the card it asks if various existing files should be over written. Is that correct or am I missing something, like it has to go in its own directory or something? Thanks.

pavel

Re: Loading the SDR receiver software

Post by pavel » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:05 pm

I'd suggest to use the transceiver software. It has all the functionality of the receiver and more.

If you're following the instructions from my notes, then they work the best with empty FAT32 formatted micro SD cards.

Basil

Post by Basil » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:31 pm

Hi Pavel, thanks for the reply, in future I would want to run HPSDR and utilise feedback for "Pure Signal" and use the TX functionality, but for now I wanted a basic single receiver for LF or MF digital reception and I much prefer using the fairly simple HDSDR software as it's something I'm extremely familiar and comfortable with unless you are also telling me the efficiency of the receiver section of the transceiver software is much better? Thanks again, you have brought all this on leaps and bounds since I last played with my RP, awesome stuff!

pavel

Post by pavel » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:38 pm

There are two transceiver applications:
  • SDR transceiver
  • SDR transceiver compatible with HPSDR
The first one, SDR transceiver, works with HDSDR as a simple receiver.

Both transceiver applications can be installed via the Red Pitaya application market place:
http://bazaar.redpitaya.com

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie