Starting PID Controller without Web-App

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
Wylde

Starting PID Controller without Web-App

Post by Wylde » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:43 am

Hello everybody,

connecting the RedPitaya output to an oscilloscope and starting any of the web applications (e.g. the oscilloscope-app), one can see some kind of noise on the mV scale. As I think this might be caused by the communication with the network/web-app and not by the desirable electronic processes themselves, I wanted to start the PID controller (= the most interesting application for my purposes) without using the corresponding web-app and see if the noise would still be there. However, while I can set the PID parameters using the monitor-utility and the memory-map from the User Manual, I did not manage to find an enabling parameter that would start the corresponding PID controller (e.g. PID11). As I tried to work my way through the source code without any significant progress, I figured I'd just ask here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Robert

Crt Valentincic

Re: Starting PID Controller without Web-App

Post by Crt Valentincic » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:33 pm

You could try to start PID applications and after that read the FPGA PID module registers using monitor tool to make a snapshot of all the registers and apply them later. Notice that there is also generator signal summed with the PID output.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie