Hello people

I had my redpitaya configured- its the 2 input and 2 output model
Till yesterday it was working fine-I used it mainly as an oscilloscope
I used to ssh into it and run a python program that gave me csv files

But,since morning suddenly I am not able to ssh into the redpitaya
I want help with few things:
1)it is connected to internet but it shows the path incomplete idk why
arp -a
? (172.17.20.225) at <incomplete> on wlo1 #(172.17.20.225 is ip adress of my redpitaya)

2)when i tried nmap to see the ssh status and port it showed this telling that the ssh is filtered i.e-there is some firewall blocking it

nmap -Pn -p 22 172.17.20.225  255 ✘  3s   base 
Starting Nmap 7.93 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2023-06-13 14:11 IST
Nmap scan report for 172.17.20.225
Host is up.

PORT STATE SERVICE
22/tcp filtered ssh

Now,to disable this I somehow need to get into the redpitaya's terminal-note that am not able to use the web interfact also since morning and after connecting the ethernet cable into my system also am unable to acess both web interface or via terminal

Please suggest ways and help me out asap to get back into the redpitaya device-usb connection how to do? or anything else? Thanks a lot in advance

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Getting into red pitaya's terminal-connection issues

Post by redpitaya » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:37 pm

Hello arutkeerthi,

Which OS do you have on your Red Pitaya?

If you have an ethernet port on your computer, try the direct ethernet connection:
https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... connection
The direct connection should skip any network issues (Red Pitaya expects DHCP protocol)

I would suggest trying the following:
  • Rebooting the board
  • Disabling Ad blockers on your browser for the rp-xxxxxx.local address (or Red Pitaya's IP)
  • Disconnecting anything that is connected to the board
  • Manually updating the OS to the latest beta version for your specific board (not the Unified OS)
Before updating the OS, please make sure that you have copies of relevant projects on your computer (board memory will be wiped).

To identify the STEMlab 125-10, STEMlab 125-14, and SDRlab 122-16, please compare the board to the pictures on the links:
To establish the SSH connection to Red Pitaya you need a password (root), so this may be the reason the port shows up as "filtered".

Please let me know, whether you have any questions and update me on the situation.

juretrn

Post by juretrn » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:50 pm

If your RP has a terminal microUSB connector, you should be able to use that through PUTTY or terminal software of your choice.

arutkeerthi

Post by arutkeerthi » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:13 am

Thank you sir

It works now there was an issue with the os-I reflashed it and tried now its connecting

But now there is an issue-The "acquire" command has suddenly become painfully slow.
I suspected if the network was slow but no since other python programs work smoothly on my red pitaya

Basically my python program uses os library to run acquire command iteratively to collect data from oscilloscope

Before it used to work very well and fast but now its very very slow even for 1024 samples it takes 20 plus seconds to load and spit out results

Any suggestions?

arutkeerthi

Post by arutkeerthi » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:14 am

And yes my model is STEMLAB 125-14

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:32 pm

Hello arutkeerthi,

Thank you for the update.

I can check the code and give you some suggestions regarding the SCPI command order and such.

Please post the code here or send it to support@redpitaya.com.

Here is a short example of acquisition code using Python 3.10+ (assuming a loopback connection for the generator trigger):

Code: Select all

# -------------------------------
# Channel Settings - ACQUISITION
# -------------------------------

rp_s.tx_txt(f'ACQ:DEC {dec}')               # decimation
rp_s.tx_txt(f'ACQ:TRIG:DLY {trig_delay}')   # trigger delay in samples

n = 10                           # how many time the acquisition process takes place 
buff = np.zeros((n,16384))      # space for the acquired data (for ploting graphs)

for i in range(0,n):

rp_s.tx_txt(f"ACQ:TRIG:LEV {trig_level}")                     # Trigger level
    rp_s.tx_txt('ACQ:START')                            # Start the acquisition
    time.sleep(0.1)                                     # Wait a bit for the buffer to fill
    rp_s.tx_txt('ACQ:TRIG CH1_PE')                      # Set the trigger to CH1 positive edge
    #rp_s.tx_txt('SOUR1:TRIG:INT')                       # Trigger the burst signal  (needs to be here if dealing with burst signal)
    time.sleep(0.1)
    while 1:                                            # Wait until the triggering moment
        rp_s.tx_txt('ACQ:TRIG:STAT?')                   # Did the trigger happen? TD == triggered
        if rp_s.rx_txt() == 'TD':
            break

rp_s.tx_txt('ACQ:SOUR1:DATA?')                      # Get the acquired data from Red Pitaya
    buff_string = rp_s.rx_txt()                         # Save the data
    buff_string = buff_string.strip('{}\n\r').replace("  ", "").split(',')  # change the data into appropriate form for plotting (from string to float)
    buff[i, :] = list(map(float, buff_string))          # save the data into the prepared space
    print(i)                                            # index of loop iteration

######## PLOTING THE DATA #########
fig, axs = plt.subplots(n, sharex = True)               # plot the data (n subplots)
fig.suptitle("Measurements")

for i in range(0,n,1):                                  # plotting the acquired buffers            
    axs[i].plot(buff[i])

plt.show()

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:34 pm

Also, the parameters are not specified; You need to add:

Code: Select all

dec = 1
For example.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie