DFT Spectrum Analyzer

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
Bulova

DFT Spectrum Analyzer

Post by Bulova » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:52 pm

Hello,

the DFT Spectrum analyzer does not function with my RP. I don't know if this correlates with the update to 2.00-23, but I thought it worked okay in the past.
The problem is, that it cannot be stopped and/or configured by editing the settings. And the spectrum graph is below of the other things of the app. I could show a picture but I am not sure if the attachment is enabled.
The other "normal" Spectrum anaylzer" is not sufficient for my measurement, because I want to get distortion attenuation, so I do need to have access to the generator as well.

Regards
Dieter

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: DFT Spectrum Analyzer

Post by redpitaya » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:16 pm

Hello Dieter,

Thank you for writing on the forum.

Have you performed a manual DC calibration to Factory settings after upgrading to a 2.00 OS?
Please send the pictures to support@redpitaya.com or upload them to "Imgur" and share the link here.

Would you be so kind as to elaborate on "t cannot be stopped and/or configured by editing the settings"?

Thank you for the feedback.

Bulova

Post by Bulova » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:28 pm

Hello,

I thought it could be kind of mismatching OS and app. So I decided to go back to 1.04-18 and then the DFT Analyzer worked okay again.
The statement that it could not be stopped and not configured either means, that the general state was "RUN" and could not be stopped, and as a consequence there was no chance to edit any settings. The picture looked strange, I sent it to the support@redpitaya.com.

I try to generate another image card with 2.00 and will test how far I will come with this.

Best regards

Dieter

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:34 pm

Hello Dieter,

Thank you for sending the picture*. This is a scaling issue we detected on smaller screens (or when customising the window on the computer), but it was fixed in the 2.00-23 OS (this runs OK with my Red Pitaya).

Have you tried clearing the browser cookies for the rp-xxxxxx.local?
Please also use Google Chrome if possible.

*For anyone else - the issue is that the main graph area scales weridly when on smaller screens or the window running the application is in parallel mode with other windows or scaled to small sizes.

Bulova

Post by Bulova » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:50 pm

Hello,

thank you for responding.

1920 x 1080 -- belongs this to "smaller screens"?

I will have a try with the 2.00-23 OS again, but in fact the updating section did it automatically. Maybe this function is not very certain regarding compatibility with apps.

No, I did not clear browser cookies. Normally there should not be any cookie for the RP-local.

Best regards

Dieter

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:23 pm

No, it should work fine on 1920x1080. Please try clearing the cookies when you get the chance. Clearing the cookies does help a lot.

mrmatthews

Post by mrmatthews » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:04 am

I've had this problem also, and so I reverted. Now I'm actually trying to use 2.00-30 and the DFT is still messed up. I've cleared cookies for my RP, and run factory reset (DC). Here is what happens https://imgur.com/a/TQUavq1

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:02 pm

Hello mrmatthews,

Would you be so kind as to provide some details on what OS and browser are you using on your computer (or a tablet)?
What is your screen resolution and if you could provide any steps on how you got to the screen so that we can try to reproduce the issue?

Please check if Google Chrome is up-to-date.

I am not getting issues on my monitor, no matter how small I make the Google Chrome browser window.

mrmatthews

Post by mrmatthews » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:31 pm

Using Chrome, MacOS Sonoma, Macbook pro 16" @ 3456 by 2234 pixels.
Chrome is updated.
I'm using the spectrum analyzer in full screen, accessed from the app screen (which shows all apps).

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:12 pm

Thank you for the update.

I cannot reproduce the issue (I am using Windows).

Here is what I get - normal view and screen minimised as much as possible:
https://imgur.com/a/fxGpKYe

I will report the issue to the developers and see what we can do.
You can try installing one of the newer Nightly Builds (2.04 Linux + NB 236). There were some bug fixes since this version: https://redpitaya.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... ly-builds

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie