Calibration after Update

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
Bulova

Calibration after Update

Post by Bulova » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:15 pm

Hello RP,

in the manual Redpitaya_2.00_2024-01 I read the notice:
When updating the OS to 2.00 version from 1.04 or older (or downgrading from 2.00 to 1.04 or older), a factory reset of calibration parameters must be performed.
Why is that? Were the cal data re-positioned? And what was the reason for that?
Thank you.

Best regards

Dieter

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Calibration after Update

Post by redpitaya » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:24 am

Hello Dieter,

With 2.00 OS, we changed the structure of the OS as we decided to use the same OS image for all our boards. One of the things that changed that changed is the way the calibration parameters are stored in the EEPROM (there was a difference in the sequence).

The calibration reset rewrites the calibration parameters in the EEPROM to the "Factory or Default". When changing the image between 1.04 and 2.00 OS, the reset is a necessary step to prevent bugs and unidentified behaviour of all applications.

Bulova

Post by Bulova » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:24 pm

Hello RP,

that means as a logic conclusion, that older apps like oscilloscope & generator with a version number 0.94xxx cannot properly work. I just tested this app, but the generator makes an output of a very weak magnitude. On the other side the newer oscilloscope app (which includes generator capability as well) works okay.
So I think it is reasonable to uninstall all those older apps, because the parameter setup is incompatible to the newer OS 2.00-36. Maybe this is also the reason why I cannot get any output anymore with the RadioBox.
By the way to go to the marketplace in order to uninstall is not successful, the system refuses any access to the uninstall action.

Best regards

Dieter

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:47 pm

Hello Dieter,

Thank you for the feedback. You are correct. We are in the process of porting all more popular applications to the official OS (together with updating them), and then we plan to close the marketplace.
The reason for older apps not functioning should be the way the FPGA is loaded on newer Ubuntu versions (Red Pitaya 2.00 OS versions).

I will report the uninstall not working to the developers.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie