GUI for Console (USB) connection

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
bingoiceono

GUI for Console (USB) connection

Post by bingoiceono » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:35 am

Will there be a GUI for Console (USB) connection? Because it is not quite user friendly for using the Hyperterminal in Windows.

hmaarrfk

Re: GUI for Console (USB) connection

Post by hmaarrfk » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:53 am

I don't think there is a good answer for this.

To be honest, you should not be issuing command using the USB interface, but rather simply monitor it for kernel error messages.

What your are really looking for is a GUI for a terminal witch really does not exist.

I suggest connecting to your red pitaya using USB only to find the IP address then connecting to it with ssh. Not only will ssh be faster, but it also has a command line history built in.

I use putty on windows for both tasks.

Note, you are probably better off getting used to Linux since there are many hurdles to overcome if you want to develop in windows for a Linux based system like this one.

kuengla

Post by kuengla » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:58 pm

HI

I work with Putty. Serial and SSH connection works. And Putty is for free ;)

Greez Lars

Karelk

Post by Karelk » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:37 pm

That's a question I also had.
I intend to use the Red Pitaya as an impedance analyser with built-in corrections / calibration. Asking users to first make a console connection, find the IP address, then run an SSH connection, or connect via an application via ethernet, etc is too complicated. Additionally, the company network is heavily secured - difficult to use the ethernet connection.
It should be used as a 'simple to connect' measurement device. I envision that me, and other users, would take it, connect it, start a measurement with a command, and read and store the results, from different computers. Comparable to using a Keithley or so via a serial / USB connection.

So I would prefer to write a windows application (LabWindows, or LabView, or simple C or whatever) which sends serial commands via USB, and receives answers via the same connection. The commands that I send would correspond to command-line scripts on the Red Pitaya, to set the trigger source, to load a certain CSV file for the AWG, to arm the measurement (waiting for external trigger), etcetera. To store the data locally, until you ask the device to send the data of a certain measurement.

Working on it :-)

Mennem

Post by Mennem » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi Karelk,
Did your application was released please ?

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie