Files to Computer

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
kuengla

Files to Computer

Post by kuengla » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:55 pm

Hello

I would save my measurements files continuous to my Computer.
Now i can save the accquire results to an USB Device in the Redpitaya, but how can I send these FIles over ETHERNET or USB to my Computer?

i have no idea...

Thx a lot for yours solutions

kind regarts lars

Kev' Ttn

Re: Files to Computer

Post by Kev' Ttn » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:41 pm

Hello,

I try do do the same thing, but actually, I don't save my files into an USB device. I think it is necessary to open a connection with some lines of C code. In my point of view, we should use functions like socket(); connect(); etc. These functions are available in librairies include in the gcc compliler. Take a look at the website below, it can gives you some ideas ;)

http://beej.us/guide/bgnet/output/html/multipage/clientserver.html

Good luck ! :D

kuengla

Post by kuengla » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:19 pm

THX a lot I think to make a bit of c code is a good idea. :)

There is a application called WINSCP wih this, I can make a connection to my redpitaya and sync the files. I think these steps we should do with a selfmade c code to automate these proces. BUT HOW?

Is anyone have some examples or files or other things? I am a beginner in network program.

Thx :D ;)

Kev' Ttn

Post by Kev' Ttn » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:30 am

If I'm right, you are obliged to create a client and a server. In your case, the client is the RedPitaya and the server the PC. Are you using Windows to program the RedPitaya (and everyday) ? Because in Linux I think it is easier to create this connection. In Windows, you have a lot of parameters to consider.

I'm not sure but that was I understand.

kuengla

Post by kuengla » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:23 am

Yes I use a Windows Computer. But I think its easyser if I send from my Pitaya to a Server (Network). So I have to write just a program on my Redpitaya to send the Files on a local place.
Pherhaps someone has example code for that I think thas would be usefull for a lot of users.
I hope you understand my bad english and my probem ;)

THX a lot

Kev' Ttn

Post by Kev' Ttn » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:33 am

Don't worry your English is understandable :)

I'll try to program this connection in the next days. I hope I'll succeed it. And if it is OK, I'll post my code. ;)

Kev' Ttn

Post by Kev' Ttn » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:01 am

Hello !

Today, I succeed my goal of transfer data from Ethernet connexion. I realised a C program to be the client and a Python program to be the server. I execute my C program on linux (I didn't test on the RP yet) and my Py program on Windows.

After more tests, I'll post my programs. But don't worry, it's moving on :)

kuengla

Post by kuengla » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:13 am

nice ;) good work

edgo

Post by edgo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:11 pm

kuengla,

The answer to this is the same as your post "mount network" and the answer I gave to explain it then.

I'll try to explain more...

RedPitaya is essentially a Linux computer, and you are using your Windows computer with Putty to communicate via serial console to RedPitaya. That is the only thing you are doing with Putty.

You want to write RedPitaya data across the network to store on a computer. The EASY way is to set up a Linux machine as NFS share, and have the RedPitaya mount to the Linux machine... then send the data to the Linux machine!

If later on you wish to write different programs to run on the RedPitaya, you will do this on a Linux machine, not on the RedPitaya (and definitely VERY painful, almost impossible to do on Windows). Once you write the programs on the Linux machine, you will move them to the RedPitaya to run.

So hope this explains more, and you can now create/use this Linux machine to get the work done that you need.

(Oh, and anytime you see the "sudo" command in your "mount network" post as I explained, this it on the Linux machine, setting it up to be the NFS share that you will be writing the data to)

fromage

Post by fromage » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:42 pm

Kev' Ttn wrote:Hello !

Today, I succeed my goal of transfer data from Ethernet connexion. I realised a C program to be the client and a Python program to be the server. I execute my C program on linux (I didn't test on the RP yet) and my Py program on Windows.

After more tests, I'll post my programs. But don't worry, it's moving on :)

Hey Kev' Ttn,
i'm also interested in recording data from RP on my computer.
Could you report on your actuall status?

best regards
Florian

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie