I am new to RP and need help with DHCP

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
ve3uvt

I am new to RP and need help with DHCP

Post by ve3uvt » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:52 am

Hi Folks,

I am new to RP and need help. Mine keeps getting address of 192.168.1.100 which conflicts to my TV box, and it keeps getting the same address even after power cycle. the config file etc/network/interfaces.d/eth0 is correctly set to DHCP. Should I set it to a static? If so, what should I do to make it static? I am also fairly new to Linux.

Thanks,

Chris

Nils Roos

Re: I am new to RP and need help with DHCP

Post by Nils Roos » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi Chris,
the address 192.168.1.100 is the fallback address that is assigned if DHCP did not work. You can change this default in the file /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf ("fixed address") to something that does not clash with your TV.

As to why DHCP does not work - the infos you provided are not enough to even guess. Do you connect your RP with a cable to your home-router ? Do other devices connected in the same way succesfully receive DHCP addresses ?

ve3uvt

Re: I am new to RP and need help with DHCP

Post by ve3uvt » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:13 pm

Thank you for the answer. I found that conf file and fixed the issue. There was an issue with my DHCP too, so it is working fine. I was able to successfully launch apps.

Regards,

Chris

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie