NTFS fliesystem mounting

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
KausthubK

NTFS fliesystem mounting

Post by KausthubK » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:50 pm

So I have a fair amount of data on a USB disk (64GB) that I would like to use directly from the RP to take data from and tried to mount it in the normal way:
(after creating a directory called USB and using fdisk -l to find that it was at /dev/sda5)

$ sudo mount /dev/sda5 /media/usb
which returns with 2 errors:

1) sudo: unable to resolve host redpitaya (this happens for every command that i use sudo for. since i'm logged in as root it still runs the command regardless though

2) mount: unknown filesystem type 'ntfs'

I've tried installing ntfs-3g ($ sudo apt-get install ntfs-3g) andthen try running the mount again when it says:

1) sudo error again
2)modprobe: moddep file could not be opened
3)ntfs-3g-mount: fuse device is missing try running "$modprobe fuse"

when i run $modprobe fuse i get the modprobe error again of the moddep file not opening

Am I going about this mounting situation wrong?
Does rpOS support ntfs at all? I assume it would considering that we should be able write at high speed via USB

pavel

Re: NTFS fliesystem mounting

Post by pavel » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:04 pm

Looks like the FUSE module (required by ntfs-3g) is not enabled in the kernel that Red Pitaya supplies with their SD card image.

You can enable it as it's done on line 73 of my kernel patch:
https://github.com/pavel-demin/red-pita ... .patch#L73

Or you can try to use my pre-built kernel that can be downloaded from the following link:
https://googledrive.com/host/0B-t5klOOy ... Wmc/uImage

Don't forget to backup the original uImage file before replacing it with my uImage file.

jerzydziewierz

Post by jerzydziewierz » Sun May 01, 2016 8:33 am

Hi Pavel,

Thank You for your quick reply,

i have downloaded the compiled uImage and replaced the one that was on the SD card before.

The RP boots as i can see from the LED activity, but i cannot open ssh to it anymore;
using Nmap, i see that it does not take an IP in my subnet anymore,

my previous enviroment, i had it configured to take DHCP lease from my ubuntu over ethernet; would this new uImage read all the config files the same way?

jerzydziewierz

Post by jerzydziewierz » Sun May 01, 2016 8:38 am

sorry for that,
logging from the console, i can see that RP took 192.168.1.100, the default address,
i guess i have to configure the dhcp again, trying to do this now . . .

jerzydziewierz

Post by jerzydziewierz » Sun May 01, 2016 8:50 am

ok, i had to re-edit /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf, and it connects again...

the sshfs does work no problem, the samba mount not yet, i am working on that . . .

Pavel, thank you :-)

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie