Migrating from the 14-bit ADC/DAC board to the 10 bit one.

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
isaackod

Migrating from the 14-bit ADC/DAC board to the 10 bit one.

Post by isaackod » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:21 pm

I have been developing a few projects with the older 14 bit RP board and ordered a bunch of the 10 bit ones just recently because of the price point. I want to keep the same FPGA code (vivado 14.4) I'm running on the older board(it has a few new modules but uses RP's hdl interface to the ADC/DAC chips). Is the board wired in such a way that I can use the same hdl modules but change the adc/dac pins from the hardcoded 14-1:0 to 10-1:0? Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of switching boards (like some modifications to the xdc file)?

At some point I'll migrate to the newer vivado projects/ system verilog designs but I was looking for a quick fix.

Thanks!

Nils Roos

Re: Migrating from the 14-bit ADC/DAC board to the 10 bit on

Post by Nils Roos » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:28 am

Hi,
the schematics for the 125-10 are now available here. You will find that the 4 unused signals (bits 0-3 of the 125-14) of each channel are tied to ground so you will not need to change the pin assignment constraints - the samples will still be 14bit, just with their lowest 4 bits const 0.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie