Location of ADC calibration values

Placement, modules, components and accessories; the ones that exist and the the nice-to-be's
abregnsbo

Location of ADC calibration values

Post by abregnsbo » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:28 am

When reading the raw ADC data with zero input from the fpga using the 'pyrpl' library the ADC values are offset with e.g. -0.016 (full range being -1.0 to +1.0), whereas the Oscilloscope Application does not show such an offset.

1) Is it correct that the ADC offset is removed through calibration ?
2) If yes, where/how can I access this calibration data ?

redpitaya
Site Admin

Re: Location of ADC calibration values

Post by redpitaya » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:25 pm

Hello abregnsbo,

Thank you for writing on the forum.

Pyrpl uses its own calibration and does not read the values from the EEPROM that are written there during factory calibration (or when performing the manual calibration of the board).

I would suggest looking through the PyRpl documentation to see how the PyRpl calibration parameters can be changed:
https://github.com/lneuhaus/pyrpl/tree/main
https://pyrpl.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

abregnsbo

Post by abregnsbo » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:39 pm

Thanks for your answer. My question was badly formulated. My application is based on PyRPL and my problem is that the ADC values are *not* compensated.

I would like to know how I from the Red Pitaya Linux command prompt can read the EEPROM ADC offset calibration values.

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:11 pm

Hello abregnsbo,

Sorry for the late reply.

You can try using the "calib" tool, which should be accessible from the command line. Currently, it is not documented, but you can use the existing help menu to read the values.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie