Power SDR not seeing the RP

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
Basil

Power SDR not seeing the RP

Post by Basil » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi, using Windows 7 64 bit OS and downloaded the HPSDR software version OpenHPSDR mRX PS v3.4.7 from Pavel's links to a blank formatted card. At first all seemed well and although I could not select the LF / MF band I could get to the desired LF frequency by using the 160m band and manually inputting the frequency. I received good signals off narrow band high Q antenna. I then was playing with the HPSDR software and it locked up. I had to Task Manager out. Since then, despite loading a fresh image to the reformatted card, and deleting the database several times in PowerSDR via the Setup menus I can no longer get PowerSDR to see the RP. It has a fixed IP address and sometimes the window in the setup screen will show that IP address, but not the MAC address of the RP.

At a command prompt I type arp -a and it shows the RP on the wired network, with the correct MAC address. I have triple checked I am manually entering the right fixed IP address in the set up box for Power SDR, but every time I launch the program from the Power button it comes up with the box "Error starting HPSDR is the hardware connected and powered". It is, and I am afraid I am now stuck. Could anyone give me reassurance my RP is not now knackered please? :) Thanks!

pavel

Re: Power SDR not seeing the RP

Post by pavel » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Unrelated to this problem, I'm curious to know if you managed to get your Red Pitaya running with HDSDR.
I have triple checked I am manually entering the right fixed IP address in the set up box for Power SDR
Normally, PowerSDR mRX PS automatically discovers the IP address of the compatible SDR radios. So, you don't have to enter anything in the setup box.

So, I'd suggest to revert the network settings to their default values.

I'd also suggest to check that the right application is running on Red Pitaya.

Basil

Post by Basil » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:31 pm

I'll reply in more depth later as I am fighting the daylight to feed the animals we keep, but to save anyone wasting their time, I unticked both used fixed IP address and reuse last IP address, and whether by coincidence it then found the RP :) At least I haven't broken it.

I am now struggling (I know, I am hopeless with this..... sorry), to get audio from HPSDR to WSJT-X

I normally use stereo mix on the motherboard sound card, with all Windows sounds and sound notifications turned off and it's worked fine with HDSDR for years. I am not sure if something this simple will work with HPSDR though? I loaded a single VAC cable and that just seems to transmit a slowly oscillating noise, which shows as a slowly rolling wave on the waterfall of WSPR in WSJT-X

I also failed miserably with getting HDSDR to work with the single receiver software, but I don't know how to tell if HDSDR is "seeing" the RP. I have the right .dll file in the root directory of HDSDR. I also loaded the *TXX.dll file in the old version of SDR# that's supposed to accept the plug in and that didn't work either.... What a dunce I am ;)

Thanks for your time Pavel, it's much appreciated. i will persevere later!

Basil

Post by Basil » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Thanks for the help, I had HPSDR working overnight and it was pretty sensitive witha pre amp in fron of it on ham band LF! I also got HDSDR working with the single channel firmware after i re-read the pages and realised it helps to use the right antenna input on the RP.... (hangs head in shame).

SDR# has so far defeated me.

The only issue with HPSDR is after I change the SD card for an HDSDR firmware one and back again it once again fails to see the RP, even with the IP stuff on default settings, not sure why that might be?

Will run HDSDR overnight again and try that as a comparison.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie