Changing IP address in Redpitaya

Just about everything about Red Pitaya
jdgomez

Changing IP address in Redpitaya

Post by jdgomez » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:01 am

Hello!
I've been trying to change the IP address of the Redpitaya from dynamic to a static one. I've modified the wired.network file on the etc/systemd/network directory. I'm using Putty to do this.

[Match]
Name=eth0

[Network]
LinkLocalAddressing=yes
DHCP=yes
IPForward=yes
IPMasquerade=yes
[Address]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To change it I just added a line with the new IP address and gateway
[Match]
Name=eth0

[Network]

Address=192.168.0.9
Gateway=192.168.0.1

LinkLocalAddressing=yes
DHCP=yes
IPForward=yes
IPMasquerade=yes
[Address]

Do I need to comment out any of the other lines in order for this to work? When I do that, I lose all communication with the board (Web interface,Ethernet & usb) and I need to go back to the original settings in order to establish communication again.
I've also used the Network manager app in order to change the IP to static but it doesn't seem to work either.
Perhaps I am doing something wrong that I'm not aware of. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Nils Roos

Re: Changing IP address in Redpitaya

Post by Nils Roos » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:13 pm

You should at least delete the DHCP line. You should probably also specify the subnet mask (append "/24" to the address, this is the most likely value for home networks) and a DNS server - see the Network Configuration Readme for examples.

tech62

Post by tech62 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Hi all,

I have an RP which I want to connect to directly from a single laptop...no LAN..and using crossover Cat5 cable.

Is it possible to find out what IP address the unit has...or to set it ....to avoid using the link -local address rp-f04axx.local/ which my SCPI-based LabVIEW software does not support ?

I am not in a position to create new SD card. Perhaps I can access the file structure with SSH & Putty ?

Any suggestions on how to connect to the board would be much appreciated.

Does Network manager need to be used...though the previous replies suggest this is unsuccessful.?

Thanks.

amike88

Post by amike88 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi,

please take a look at this pararaph in the Red Pitaya documentation, on how to connect to Red Pitaya using debug console and this page (scroll down to the Wired setup) on how to set up the connection.

tech62

Post by tech62 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:57 am

Thanks for the reply.
For the benefit of others, here is what I have found. I am only using Windows and am a newbie with RP.

To set the RP to a static IP address, so I can address it from LabVIEW via SCPI:
1) communicate with the RP and get the homepage showing. Easiest way is to put it on your network so DCHP allocates an IP address. Find out this IP address (perhaps ipconfig/all or look inside your router). Then open the RP homepage at this address.

2) Go to the Network Manager app...and set the RP to a static IP address eg 192.168.2.2
There are clear instructions on doing this in the docs.

Most importantly.....This change will be non-volatile. It will remain set to this IP after power cycles...so now you can address your RP at this static IP address until you need to change it.

if you happen to forget it..then I dont know what you do then....

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie