Oscilloscope + spectrum offline

Have an idea? Post it here! - Looking for developers? Ask here as well!
Nash

Oscilloscope + spectrum offline

Post by Nash » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:12 pm

Hello,

As a maintenance ingineer, I need to use my RP on some place without network.

I was planing to power the RP by a batterie:
http://www.dx.com/p/parkman-t100-10000m ... kNLj0su_Io

Plus a WIFI dongle to link the RP to my tablet:
http://www.linksys.com/fr/p/P-AE6000/

My questions:

10000mA will be enouth to power the RP?

How can I use the RP oscilloscope + spectrum offline (without network)?

Thanks for your reply

(Sorry about my English)

Nils Roos

Re: Oscilloscope + spectrum offline

Post by Nils Roos » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi,

The battery's current rating should be sufficient to power the RP (the description says there's a 5V/2.1A output). The RP draws 1-2 amps of continuous current, so the battery will probably last over the day.

I can't say whether this particular model of wifi dongle is supported by the RP's OS.

You only need internet access for the RP in order to install applications from the bazaar. Once they are installed, they are permanently stored on the RP and can be used without internet access.
To use your RP with your tablet, you would configure the RP as a wifi access point, have your tablet connect to that and point your browser at the (fixed) IP address of the RP. The pre-installed apps will be available to use.

Nash

Post by Nash » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:15 pm

Hello,

Thanks a lot!

That's mean I'll get :
A mobile spectrum analyser
A mobile oscilloscop
A 4m range data tranfert (WIFI)
And even a signal generator

For less than 600$ ( RP 310$ / Tablet Windows 10 210$ / Dongle 30$ / Battery 30$)

AMAZING :o

I'll start to build the box

Thanks again

Etienne.Phillips@gmail.com

Post by Etienne.Phillips@gmail.com » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:49 pm

I have run my RP like this, but have encountered some issues... I use an 8,000Ah battery with a 2A output and it lasts more than 8 hours. I'm using the EdiMax wifi dongle in AP mode on the RP v0.94 environment, and an iPad mini to display the scope view. The refresh rate on the iPad is about 4Hz, which is way less than on a laptop. Also, there appears to be a buffer somewhere which over time introduces a significant lag into the measurement display whether ob the iPad or a laptop, which doesn't occur when using an ethernet connection.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie