Proposal/Request for new SCPI Methods/Commands

Have an idea? Post it here! - Looking for developers? Ask here as well!
AB

Post by AB » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:47 pm

Hallo I gave a try in those days to the RP SCPI interface. But at the end of this my first tests I have to say that I strongly feel the need of same new commands in order to have a complete control of the board. So I decided to write this post to suggest/request to how my be concern of REDPITAYA DEVELOPER to take in consideration the possibility to add in next version of SCPI-API also those methods to give a more complete efficiency to all the RP users.

1) RP CALIBRATION
Calibration is something of crucial and it should be implemented also through SCPI

My suggestion is to add those methods:
- RP:CALIB:FEND:CH1:LV ---- RP:CALIB:FEND:CH1:LV? # Front-End Channel1 full scale coefficient for High gain (LV) jumper configuration.
- RP:CALIB:FEND:CH2:LV ---- RP:CALIB:FEND:CH2:LV? # Front-End Channel2 full scale coefficient for High gain (LV) jumper configuration.
- RP:CALIB:FEND:CH1:HV ---- RP:CALIB:FEND:CH1:HV? # Front-End Channel1 full scale coefficient for Low gain (HV) jumper configuration.
- RP:CALIB:FEND:CH2:HV ---- RP:CALIB:FEND:CH2:HV? # Front-End Channel1 full scale coefficient for Low gain (HV) jumper configuration.
- RP:CALIB:FEND:CH1:DCOFFS ---- RP:CALIB:FEND:CH1:DCOFFS? # Front-End offset of Channel1 [ADC samples].
- RP:CALIB:FEND:CH2:DCOFFS ---- RP:CALIB:FEND:CH2:DCOFFS? # Front-End offset of Channel1 [ADC samples].
- RP:CALIB:BEND:CH1 ---- RP:CALIB:BEND:CH1? # Back-End Channel1 full scale coefficient.
- RP:CALIB:BEND:CH2: ---- RP:CALIB:BEND:CH2? # Back-End Channel2 full scale coefficient.
- RP:CALIB:BEND:CH1:DCOFFS ---- RP:CALIB:BEND:CH1:DCOFFS? # Back-End offset of Channel1 [DAC samples].
- RP:CALIB:BEND:CH2:DCOFFS ---- RP:CALIB:BEND:CH2:DCOFFS? # Back-End offset of Channel2 [DAC samples].

2) RP TEMPERATURE
Temperature is something of critical especially in Summer time and should be readable so it should be implemented also through SCPI

My suggestion is to add this method:
- RP:TEMP:?

2) RP FPGA (MONITOR)
FPGA interaction is something of really indispensable/essential so it should be implemented also through SCPI

My suggestion is to add those methods:
- RP:FPGA:<FpgaAddrs> FpgaAddrs2Set ---- RP:FPGA:<FpgaAdrs>?

So for example, in order to apply a phase offset of 50°, this command could be used like that:
fprintf(tcpipObj,' RP:FPGA:0X4020000C 0X8E38E39); % apply a phase offset of 50°,
fprintf(tcpipObj,' RP:FPGA:0X4020000C?); % this simply to inquire a FPGA Address

I think that this improvement of SCPI could be useful also to other RP users
Let me know what You think about my Proposal/Request
I'm waiting for an answer from REDPITAYA SW Development Team
Thanks a lot
AB

mike.wijnants@gmail.com

Re: Proposal/Request for new SCPI Methods/Commands

Post by mike.wijnants@gmail.com » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:51 pm

I agree, every instrument requires calibration at regular intervals, high end devices have calibration routines standard included in there SCPI command set. The ability to calibrate your instrument differentiates it from the rest.

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie