Python client for streaming

Have an idea? Post it here! - Looking for developers? Ask here as well!
photodetector

Python client for streaming

Post by photodetector » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:13 pm

Hello,

I have an application where a host PC will be connecting to multiple 125-14 boards to pull ADC data from the boards. The rpsa (redpitaya streaming app) seems perfect for this purpose, but the client software seems to be a standalone application written in C++. I hope to use Python on the Host PC and was wondering if there is python module that can be used for this purpose. If not any documentation or help in developing a python port of the client would be appreciated.

alex123go

Re: Python client for streaming

Post by alex123go » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:17 pm

Hello,

I'm not sure I have the best solution, but since nobody answered, I'll give it a try.

I've never worked with the "rpsa", so I could not help with that.

However, I've made another acquisition app with the Red Pitaya (viewtopic.php?f=7&p=32193#p32193 and
https://github.com/alex123go/RedPitaya_Acquisition). You need to write a new image to the SD card, but it'll be compatible with what you want to achieve.

How it should work:
You can connect several red pitayas boards and a host PC together to a router (or switch).
When you run the "MainWindow_AcqCard.py" script, it will launch 1 GUI. You can run as many GUI instances as you want.
For each GUI, there is an initial configuration window which list all the connected Red Pitaya. Just make sure to select a different one for each instance of the GUI.

For the moment, there is not way to synchronize the acquisitions. However, I planned to add an internal trigger to the acquisition tool. With your post, it made me realize that an external trigger might also be useful. Tell me if you think it could be useful and I'll prioritize it.

Alex

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:04 pm

Why not use the official streaming app? it works great!

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:42 pm

Black Friday 2020 is here!

pulidoinidetam

Post by pulidoinidetam » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:59 pm

Anyone know How can I compile the streaming application individually? at this moment I can only compile it if I do a make from the root of the git RedPitaya project, then in the build folder is the streaming_server application, but i need to compile only this app, how can i get it?

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie