SDR (Software Defined Radio) Transceiver

Have an idea? Post it here! - Looking for developers? Ask here as well!
pavel

Re: SDR (Software Defined Radio) Transceiver

Post by pavel » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:19 pm

jmfr wrote: so I was thinking, if you want to implement code to control this digital attenuator board, based on PE4306
I don't think that I want to interface this particular board with Red Pitaya. There is no free GPIO pin to control the LATCH ENABLE signal.

A board with PE4312 and an I2C-to-parallel chip like PCA9534 or MCP23008 would be much easier to interface with Red Pitaya.

pavel

Post by pavel » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:03 am

jmfr wrote: so I was thinking, if you want to implement code to control this digital attenuator board, based on PE4306
I'm not sure if it would work with this chip but maybe you could try to control it with the SPI example for Red Pitaya:
http://redpitaya.com/examples-new/spi/

jmfr

Post by jmfr » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:02 am

pavel wrote:
I'm not sure if it would work with this chip but maybe you could try to control it with the SPI example for Red Pitaya:
http://redpitaya.com/examples-new/spi/
Hi Pavel,

No problem, and tks for the tip ...

Jacinto

take

Post by take » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:24 am

Hi Pavel,

Greeting from Japan.

Thank you for providing the opportunity to play high performance direct sampling transceiver with low cost.

My 10mW RedPitaya box alone could reach 8,610km distanced ZL1RS with WSPR format. Now, I am connecting to 100W PA and pre-selector (ATT and Preamp) based on "RF, GPIO and XADC connections" paragraph. However, I have not yet been successfull to control any pins except "PP, OUT" and "PTT, In" on E1 connector. Especialy, I assume "Hermes Ctrl 1-4, Output"can be controlled by "Hermes Ctrl" tag of HPSDR Setup but I can not see any "high voltage" out put signals and they stay "0V".

Would you point out any good references or guides to proceed E1 connection to external RF hardwares?

I am waiting your response soon.

Regards,

take

de JA5AEA

pavel

Post by pavel » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:49 am

Hi Take,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

The "Hermes Ctrl 1-4, Output" pins can be indeed controlled via "Hermes Ctrl". Normally, it's enough to enable "Ext Control" and to check or uncheck the "J16 Transmit Pins" corresponding to the 160-6m bands.

ANAN user's guides describe quite well the PowerSDR mRX PS program:

https://apache-labs.com/downloadsfiles/ ... -Guide.pdf
https://apache-labs.com/downloadsfiles/ ... -Guide.pdf

The "Hermes Ctrl" settings are shown on page 40.

Best regards,

Pavel

fastjack

Post by fastjack » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi to all,
I have created a working setup for the Red Pitaya with OpenwebRX. I really like the software and I like to share the fun with you.
So what you need is some computer running linux with GNU Radio and OpenwebRX installed.
After that you can copy the content of my attached files into the openwebrx folder. Open a terminal and go to the openwebrx folder. Then type ./start_openwebRX.scr
This will open 2 new terminals, one for the data dump from the Red Pitaya and another for the openwebRX software.

Good luck with it!
Jaap
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

laumansm

Post by laumansm » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi there, I am looking for a SDR receiver for HF ham radio and am of course evaluating Red Pitaya. Using the available apps from Pavel, what is RP's current spectrum bandwith? Thanks so much, Marius

pavel

Post by pavel » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:22 pm

laumansm wrote:Using the available apps from Pavel, what is RP's current spectrum bandwith?
Hi Marius,

The bandwidth depends on the PC side applications that you're planning to use:
  • PowerSDR mRX PS - 2 receivers with 384 kHz
  • ghpsdr3-alex - 6 receivers with 192 kHz
  • CW Skimmer Server - 6 receivers with 192 kHz
  • cudaSDR - 6 receivers with 384 kHz
  • GNU Radio - 1 receiver with 2.5 MHz
  • HDSDR, SDR#, Gqrx, Pothos SDR, CubicSDR - 2 receivers with 1.25 MHz
If you're looking for a wider bandwidth, then I have a 6.25 MHz configuration (https://github.com/pavel-demin/red-pita ... s/rfid_ddc). It should be relatively easy to add a GNU Radio or ExtIO interface to it.

Best regards,

Pavel

take

Post by take » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:01 pm

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for your quick response and informative references.

Now, I am reading this thread and the following may be a hint to solve my problem in #5586.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the the eight DIO*_P pins can be controlled from the C code via the gpio_out variable. The first two pins are currently used for PTT out and Preamp control.

Compiling sdr-receiver-hpsdr.c is as easy as typing the following command on the Red Pitaya command line:

Code: Select all

gcc -O3 -march=armv7-a -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mtune=cortex-a9 sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c -o sdr-transceiver-hpsdr -D_GNU_SOURCE -I. -lm -lpthread

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any comments?

Regards,

take

de JA5AEA

pavel

Post by pavel » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:01 pm

Hi Take,

In the current version, all the DIO*_P pins are used. The code controlling these pins is on line 624 in sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c:

https://github.com/pavel-demin/red-pita ... sdr.c#L624

I tested it a few weeks ago and I could control the "Hermes Ctrl" pins with PowerSDR mRX PS. I enabled "Ext Control" and checked some of the "J16 Transmit" pins. Then I could switch the pins by selecting different bands from the PowerSDR mRX PS main screen.

Best regards,

Pavel

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie