SDR (Software Defined Radio) Transceiver

Have an idea? Post it here! - Looking for developers? Ask here as well!
ted051

Re: SDR (Software Defined Radio) Transceiver

Post by ted051 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi Frank,
after a long time of development and debugging I have uploaded today the latest version of user interface and my part of the Red Pitaya firmware for DiscoRed TRX.
The files can be found at github:
https://github.com/ted051/DiscoRedTRX

Best regards, Wolfgang

g4fph

Post by g4fph » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:14 pm

Hi Pavel!

Two questions from me:

(1) I run a WebSDR (160m.net) and would like to use the Red Pitaya (RP) board I have (125-14) as a front-end capture card to replace my rather odd collection of HF SoftRocks + analogue soundcards and also homemade up-converter and RTL dongle. Is this possible somehow? Of course, I would like to increase the frequency band coverage of my WebSDR by using RP also. I read about some software called 'CWSL_TEE', but it seems that, to use this, I would have to run a Windows PC as well as the Linux one that runs the WebSDR and buy some 'Skimmer' software that I have no real need for.

Maybe I need GNURADIO running on my Linux PC? I have no experience of that, but it looks like a lot of experimenters are having fun with it.

(2) Are you going to support the new RP, announced recently by STEMLab:
https://www.redpitaya.com/n86/new-stemlab-sdr

I am still very pleased with my homemade transceiver based on RP running your excellent Hermes emulation software and PowerSDR. Congratulations on your success and please keep up the good work!

Regards from UK,

Mark.

pavel

Post by pavel » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:41 pm

Hi Mark,

I don't have any idea on how to interface WebSDR with Red Pitaya. According to the information at this link, only RTL-SDR and sound cards are supported.

I've started to port some of my applications to the new board. Once I get some of them ready and tested, I'll try to put together a SD card image for the new board.

Best regards,

Pavel

g4fph

Post by g4fph » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:25 am

Pavel,

Thanks for the reply.

I will look into GNURADIO. Seems there is software that allows RP to be used as a front-end into that. Perhaps there is then a GNURADIO block that will emulate an RTL, or soundcard, into WebSDR.

Great news on your doing code porting for the new STEMlab 122.88-16 board. I guess the FPGA code will be simpler without the 125/122.88 sample rate conversion. If I can get the 125-14 RP I have now working with WebSDR, it will give me a good excuse to buy one of the new ones for my HPSDR transceiver;-)

Which is the best www for me to watch for news of your code for the new RP board? Here?

Regards,

Mark.

pavel

Post by pavel » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:18 am

g4fph wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:25 am
Which is the best www for me to watch for news of your code for the new RP board?
The code for the new board is in the 122-16 branch of the GitHub repository. It's possible to check the progress of the porting of the code to the new board via the commits history:

https://github.com/pavel-demin/red-pita ... its/122-16

pip

Post by pip » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:10 pm

The 122-16 specs look very promising, although I would have been very happy with a single ADC like the LTC2217, which still sems to be the best ADC I can find in terms of SNR and SFDR over whatever dual ADC the 122-16 will get.

What I’m curious about, the specs say that we can use the ADC in undersampling mode, which is very cool, but what about the DAC? Can we expect to see a few aliases on the output as well, thus being able to generate say a 70cm signal directly?

acelectric103

Post by acelectric103 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:25 am

Matony wrote:
Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:55 am
Great it would be variable DDC with TCP/IP streaming from/to any SDR application (HDSDR, SDR#, GNUradio). :idea:
Great !

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:47 pm

Sorry to interrupt. Black Friday 2020 is here!

EA1DDO

Post by EA1DDO » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:29 am

Hi everyone,

I am joining this interesting group.

Just to introduce myself,.. My name is Maximo, also know as EA1DDO and M0HAO.
Interested in SDR, started with HPSDR when it was based on cards, before Anan time.

Actually interested on coherent transceiver with RedPitaya.

Already got some advice from Pavel, thank you.

Regards, 73, Maximo

redpitaya
Site Admin

Post by redpitaya » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:38 pm

jadalnie klasyczne ekskluzywne meble wypoczynkowe do salonu ekskluzywne meble tapicerowane ekskluzywne meble do sypialni ekskluzywne meble włoskie